Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:08 am

There is no limit. I contacted Emmi to confirm this.

Last edited by rrgg; Nov 12, 2006 at 10:56 am
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Mileage Plan, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pitcarin
I went to my local Albertsons and they didn't have either product even though the website says that Albertsons is a retailer for their product.

I went to my local Albertsons and they had the AA marked Fondue set for $10.49.

Funny story: I asked my clerk at Albertsons (she always checks me out...no...not like that... we've known each other for several years now.) I asked her about the Swiss Knights cheese wheels. It wasn't busy, so she closed up her stand and walked with me to the cheese section to look. She commented to me, "that processed stuff is gross...I've never seen you buy such things." When we got to the cheese section, she grabbed one of the fondue boxes and stared at the little silver airplane printed on the box. She rolled her eyes, looked at me and said, "Oh...that explains it..."
She later said the store used to carry it, but don't carry it because they carry the same type of cheese in other brands..

I couldn't find any at my local Ralphs (owned by Krogers,) Trader Joe's, nor Costco! I did find the Assorted Snack Wedges wheel at Vons for $5.89. I didn't buy it for that price.

Steve
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:19 pm

Anybody find a source for these online?
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for checking this out and sharing with us, rrgg! :-:

We actually have enjoyed the occasional Swiss Knights fondue in the past; miles make them tastier, indeed. Whole Foods apparently does have them, at USD $9.00 a pop - and they are prominently marked on the outside of the box; we were shopping there and purchased two. These are very easy to redeem, with no apparent limit on how many coupons you redeem. (Now to see how long these take to post...)

Time to check local Trader Joes for lower prices.

Originally Posted by rrgg
There is no limit. I contacted Emmi to confirm this.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by stevechin
I went to my local Albertsons and they had the AA marked Fondue set for $10.49.

Funny story: I asked my clerk at Albertsons (she always checks me out...no...not like that... we've known each other for several years now.) I asked her about the Swiss Knights cheese wheels. It wasn't busy, so she closed up her stand and walked with me to the cheese section to look. She commented to me, "that processed stuff is gross...I've never seen you buy such things." When we got to the cheese section, she grabbed one of the fondue boxes and stared at the little silver airplane printed on the box. She rolled her eyes, looked at me and said, "Oh...that explains it..."
She later said the store used to carry it, but don't carry it because they carry the same type of cheese in other brands..

I couldn't find any at my local Ralphs (owned by Krogers,) Trader Joe's, nor Costco! I did find the Assorted Snack Wedges wheel at Vons for $5.89. I didn't buy it for that price.

Steve
The guy at my Albertsons couldn't find the fondue. He looked for a long time and gave up and said they didn't carry it. Is it in the refrigerated cheese section?

Site also says Super Target has it. Anybody checked there?
Old Nov 12, 2006, 2:12 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pitcarin
The guy at my Albertsons couldn't find the fondue. He looked for a long time and gave up and said they didn't carry it. Is it in the refrigerated cheese section?

Site also says Super Target has it. Anybody checked there?

The Swiss Knight Fondue set was sitting on top of the refrigerated specialty cheese display. My friend from Albertsons called me back and said she checked and found an Albertsons that does carry the cheese wheels. She said the grocery managers in different stores order whatever items seems to be more popular. So it's likely some Albertsons will have it while others won't.

I went to the Albertsons she told me about and found the cheese wheels for $4.99. Not great considering the same size and type of cheese from Laughing Cow was $3.00 each.

Good luck,
Steve
Old Nov 12, 2006, 2:42 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Eat cheese, get miles. I love this country.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 3:04 pm

Lightbulb I love it!

It's my b-day in a few weeks. I asked everybody that usually buys me gift cards or whatever just to forget the gift cards. If they wanted to buy me a $25 gift card, then instead buy me $25 of the cheese (that's 5 cheese wheels....2500 miles.) (they can keep some of the cheese if they wanted to...)
But I specifically told them to buy the AAdvantage marked wheels only!

Now if everybody that buys me a gift gets me the cheese...hmmm....

Steve
Old Nov 12, 2006, 4:04 pm

stevechin - that's great. You will definitely have to report back and let us know how many cheese wheels you got for your B-Day! Only on FlyerTalk - that's great
Old Nov 12, 2006, 4:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
ROFL! Only FlyerTalkers would actually hope and pray for cheesy birthday gifts...

<snip>

Steve
Old Nov 12, 2006, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
May be a challenge to find...

I just went to Trader Joe's in Concord, Whole Foods in Walnut Creek and Safeway in Pleasant Hill (Northern California). The only one that had any of the Swiss Knight was the Safeway, which had the Chocolate Fondue, but it wasn't the AA marked package.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, AS
Hmmm, so if I can find the cheese stuff at Safeway, I'll get:
1. 500 AA miles for each package
2. Triple DL miles when I use my DL Amex (we were targeted for the AMEX triple SkyMiles promotion )
3. .5 miles per $ on UAL and it'll put me closer to the $2000 I need to spend to get the UAL bonus of 3000 MP (spend $2000 in Nov & Dec)

Triple dip (not counting the fondue dip)
Old Nov 12, 2006, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
absolutely brilliant!

It's my b-day in a few weeks. I asked everybody that usually buys me gift cards or whatever just to forget the gift cards. If they wanted to buy me a $25 gift card, then instead buy me $25 of the cheese (that's 5 cheese wheels....2500 miles.) (they can keep some of the cheese if they wanted to...)

Steve
Add to the holiday cheer! Goes for me also!
Old Nov 12, 2006, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, AS

If anybody asks what they can bring for Thanksgiving at our house - they'll get told to bring cheese (w/ the AA promotion on it.)
Old Nov 12, 2006, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat/4MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HA Premier, SPG, UA, VX
Cheese wheels with double coupons!

Couldn't resist going out on the cheese quest! We are up at North Shore Lake Tahoe for a long weekend - and after seeing the posting had to see if I could find any ... Went to three stores - Safeway - Kings Beach, Raley's - Incline Village, neither had the fondue or the wheels ... off to Albertson's - Tahoe City! and success! Bought 8 cheese wheels - but the big payoff was that 4 had DOUBLE coupons !!! So - 6000 miles on the way! We did leave a few wheels on the shelf (they did not have the fondue) - so if anyone is in the area ...

Cheese wheels make great stocking stuffers ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.