Wiki Posts
Search

Best food at / in DFW for AA (and other) flyers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Yup.

Unless I am headed to SAT or AUS I will get my Texas BBQ fix at Cousin's.
Never had Cousin's but I think Texas does Tex-Mex quite well. BBQ not so much. Memphis and KC BBQ much MUCH better than Texas BBQ. I've only had bad Texas BBQ. (yes, I realize I just laid down fighting words but hey it's a Sunday, I'm working and bored).

Best airport BBQ imo is Interstate in MEM. That's the biggest thing I miss about flying NW.

Terminal D is a beautiful terminal. If one of your flights is in B, it's an easy walk from the lower numbered gates of B to Terminal D.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by zipadee
Never had Cousin's but I think Texas does Tex-Mex quite well. BBQ not so much. Memphis and KC BBQ much MUCH better than Texas BBQ. I've only had bad Texas BBQ. (yes, I realize I just laid down fighting words but hey it's a Sunday, I'm working and bored).
My preference is SC BBQ and Shealy's in Batesburg SC is the best. The mustard based sauce on pork is to die for...

That being said, my Texas born wife taught me to appreciate brisket, so as long as I have a couple of hours to kill at DFW, Cousin's it is, before I head to the AC.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by zipadee
Please don't judge the whole state based on what is available at DFW airport. Or even AUS.

Drive to Lockhart or Elgin or Luling or Taylor, and then let us know if you still prefer Memphis BBQ.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: EXP 1MM
Cousins

Cousins (sliced - not chopped), bag of regular chips and a large sweet tea will satisfy my TX BBQ fix. Afterwards, I head over to La Bodega for a nice glass of wine.

J...
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by swag
Please don't judge the whole state based on what is available at DFW airport. Or even AUS.

Drive to Lockhart or Elgin or Luling or Taylor, and then let us know if you still prefer Memphis BBQ.
And please don't judge me without knowing all the facts. I'm not a shallow enough person to make a statewide declaration based solely on DFW fare.

I lived in Texas for five years and traveled across it quite a bit. I have friends and family in the Lone Star state and have kept visiting regularly since I lived there (including at one time a once a month visit for five years).

I love Texas. Would love to live there again. I love Tex Mex food. Wouldn't want to live in Memphis. Love to visit there and definitely love to eat the BBQ in Memphis. So yes, to answer your question, I still pefer Memphis BBQ and I've ventured out more than just DFW or AUS.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 6:59 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i like tigin for beer and an irish breakfast. dinner at cool river and nachos at cantina laredo.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Here are your options:

http://www.dfwairport.com/shops/overview-d.php

Reata (upscale Mexican/Texan food) and Cool River (all types of food) are my favs.
+1 ^

I'll add Tigin, the Irish pub near D20.

cheers!
Old Jan 25, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Cantina Laredo upstairs near Cousins makes excellent chicken enchiladas with refried beans and rice that are all much better than anything we can get in the DC area.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Reata (upscale Mexican/Texan food) and Cool River (all types of food) are my favs. the steak salad at Cool River is the best.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:35 am

If You're Shorter On Time In D-Terminal

Try, Au Bo Pain. Great sandwiches, 3-4 Very Fresh & hot Soups, great Lemonade.

Location In the Food Court, I'm thinking around D 24-25.

Around the corner, Camille's, along with the great Tuna Sandwich also has a great Pistachio nut Italian Ice Cream.

Last edited by 777GalE; Jan 26, 2009 at 12:44 am
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:45 am

Programs: AA Plat
The only place where I would try eating again in terminal D is Tigin with their Irish beers and boxties. All the other sit down restaurants are utter cr*p IMHO.
Old May 14, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Food at DFW

In a few days I will have about 2 hours in DFW after arriving from LAS and before flying on to LHR. I haven't been to DFW before, but anticipate that I will want BBQ ribs and lots of them. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Old May 14, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: AA PLT
BBQ place in terminal D is my husband's favorite. Can't remember the name, but it is right near the AC entrance.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
No, because it didn't come up when I seached.

Thanks Rachel.
Old May 14, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Cousin's BBQ is the one my husband likes. He always has to take a detour by there when we are in terminal D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.