Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best food at / in DFW for AA (and other) flyers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by slpybear
acceptable Tex Mex food
Is that like "military intelligence"? As for what to eat at Termina D, Popeye's, what else?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
But not up to the Salt Lick (AUS) standards?
I would eat at salt lick EVERY time I flew through AUS
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Arrrrgh double-post
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 777-DCA
I recommend Champps in DFW D terminal. Get the BBQ chicken sandwich. ^
Champps will also cook you a tasty rare cheeseburger.. not something you can find too often anymore
Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pickles
Is that like "military intelligence"? As for what to eat at Termina D, Popeye's, what else?
No, not at all. But if Popeye's is your standard, I do understand why you would think that.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:14 pm
PBQ

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Dunkin' Donuts

Don't laugh...............

Dunkin' Donuts!

I'm not sure if they're in D.
I'm from NY now living in SEA and miss the vanilla creme.
I stock up before heading home.

Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by PBQ
Dunkin' Donuts!
IMHO - the most overrated coffee in the world. And I'm not basing this on an airport franchise in the southwest; the stuff in downtown Boston is terrible.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I will reiterate what I posted two years ago. Cantina Laredo is the way to go! Excellent food, great views of the terminal hubbub around you. Nice atmosphere while perched on that raised second (mezzanine) level in the middle of the bright terminal. Love it!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Platinum, AA EXP, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I will reiterate what I posted two years ago. Cantina Laredo is the way to go! Excellent food, great views of the terminal hubbub around you. Nice atmosphere while perched on that raised second (mezzanine) level in the middle of the bright terminal. Love it!
Here! Here!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I love Popeye's, but not before getting onto an airplane. It's very tasty, but sometimes, shall we say, digestively challenging.

Old Jun 18, 2008, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
IMHO - the most overrated coffee in the world. And I'm not basing this on an airport franchise in the southwest; the stuff in downtown Boston is terrible.
Let's be frank: Both major coffee purveyors have the most overrated coffee in the world. DD and SBUX both serve an awful cuppa joe (espresso based drinks included). But I do love those DD commercials poking fun at SBUX.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by gopherblue
Let's be frank: Both major coffee purveyors have the most overrated coffee in the world. DD and SBUX both serve an awful cuppa joe (espresso based drinks included). But I do love those DD commercials poking fun at SBUX.
Definately spot-on. I can tollerate SB, but it is impossible to get a good espresso in this country....but that's why coffee was the highlight of my last trip to Italy.

I haven't seen the DD commercials, but I can relate as I love the new WN nickel-and-diming commercials, as well as the ones where the frequent flight times between DAL and AUS/HOU scroll down the screen....yet I find myself more often than not driving farther to get to DFW to take a flight that might be on an RJ (e.g. to HOU) or to another less-convenient airport (e.g. IAH).
Old Jun 18, 2008, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium and Delta Gold
Bugs

Originally Posted by N787UA
I can highly recommend Au Bon Pain Café, they have an amazing roast beef sandwich and awesome bread. It is some of my favorite airport food second only to the Berghoff café in ORD.

Last time I was there, while I was ordering, a rather large bug crawled across the counter. I left without my food and headed to Champp's. The buffalo chicken sandwich there is outstanding.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 6:26 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Notice PBQ wasn't praising their coffee in their text.
I think DD's fanatic New England following is just a regional abberation caused by the fact they can't assign their food loyalty to a proper dish like BBQ.

Also, it's a cultural reaction trying to resist the encroaching tide of Globalization that is threading their way of life. I speak of course of Tim Horton's.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by Pickles
LOL... that was funny. Implying irony in the phrase "Good Tex Mex" but then stating Popeye's is the place to go in D...

Yes. Tex Mex is a cuisine that is very-very good. And not replicated well IMHO outside of TX as most recently evidenced in the carnitas at a Chevy's near the Moscone center in 'frisco.

YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.