Wiki Posts
Search

Duvets coming to AA (763 and 777)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by JGR01
NOW what AA really needs to start offering is nice pajamas for their flights (J/P) .. THAT would be a nice upgrade! Tho if they use the same company that supplies the wash-up towel-ettes .. it will not be nice!
At this point, I'd be happy with the duvets. I can supply my own pajamas: the only difficulty is deciding among my BA, CX and VS sets.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blumie
At this point, I'd be happy with the duvets. I can supply my own pajamas: the only difficulty is deciding among my BA, CX and VS sets.
Me too-- as we've discussed before-- easy to bring comfy sleeping outfit, not so easy to bring a comforter.
Can we keep in mind that if we're talking business class let's keep it realistic. There will never be PJs on AA J-class. Nor will there be gigantic, fluffy, crisp duvets like CX/LA and the like have in first class.

Hopefully however, we'll get a big improvement in the blanket-- would be a very, very welcome improvement.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by JGR01
THAT made for a heavenly bed and was nice and clean (top and bottom).

Oooh, a flying Westin, now this I have to see ^. I don't suppose my corporate rates of between $119-299/night will apply to this one, though .
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
Oooh, a flying Westin. . . .
This is the reason we all are interested in a duvet on AA flights. It's not that we get cold; it's that using the duvet to make a featherbed makes for a much more comfortable bed. (Of course when the bed is made for you by a CX FA, it's that much better!)
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I think the real question regarding the new duvets is whether our lovely AA FAs will be personally tucking us in (like SQ) or leaving it up to ourselves (like BA/CX). Somehow, I doubt the former - though I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's too much like EI's clever moves - too few and too small overhead bins in Premier Class, stuffed with blankies and pillows so there's little room for carryons. But, hey, they shlep those back and forth across the Atlantic, and they don't have to feed, water or give 'em FF miles.

Originally Posted by millionmiler
You know folks those pillows and duvets will be stored in the premium cabin overhead bins when you get on.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Nope - if CX, BA, or LX in F are typical. The duvets are typically pulled out of the overhead bins and set up by the FAs upon request.
Ah, gotchya'. Thanks (You can tell how many times I've flown any of those airlines in F ).
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:02 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
You know folks those pillows and duvets will be stored in the premium cabin overhead bins when you get on.

Does that mean the FAs will have to find somewhere else for their 3 Carry on Bags
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
This is great news. The Flagship Suite is a great seat, but without the proper accents, it is not a great F product.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PresRDC
This is great news. The Flagship Suite is a great seat, but without the proper accents, it is not a great F product.
Careful, Pres: as Jon has been careful to point out, all we're talking about now is 763 NBC. It's not clear yet what exactly this duvet will be and whether we'll be seeing it on the 777s in F (although you would think it would follow NBC into the 777s and that whatever is offered in F couldn't be worse than what's in J).
Old Jul 11, 2006, 9:33 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I think the real question regarding the new duvets is whether our lovely AA FAs will be personally tucking us in (like SQ) or leaving it up to ourselves (like BA/CX). Somehow, I doubt the former - though I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing.

-FlyerBeek
THAT i can't see happening. In fact I was wondering how this was all going to work (assuming we will all need to do our own "bedding installation" and not the FAs) - with the narrower aisles, and especially if you're in the window seat and your neighbour decides to go to sleep before you - what chance have you got to get the duvet down and set it up without waking your neighbour up?

If this is more than a blanker and almost a true duvet, it will certainly set AA J apart as I don't know many international J cabins with duvets!!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 9:55 pm

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by JonNYC
The package that AA put out on the new J-seat several months ago made specific reference to "comfy cotton duvet and larger pillow."

It was posted here as well.

However, I seriously question what definition of "duvet" is being used-- not what we think of, IMHO.
A COTTON duvet? God help us. A real duvet contains goose/duck down...anything else is just a blanket.

Not that I wouldn't be happy with a duvAAt next time I cross the pond...
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:30 am

Remember folks, this is just a rumor at this point. We have not received any internal memo on the topic, but I am sure JonNYC has better info than I. Years ago, AA did talk about this enhancement, but unfortunately the SERP came out, and then we could no longer afford amenities for our premium pax. So in a way, thank you to all our loyal customers for helping out our aged executives in their golden years. You gave up you pj's for their parachutes!
Old Jul 12, 2006, 5:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skylady
Remember folks, this is just a rumor at this point. We have not received any internal memo on the topic, but I am sure JonNYC has better info than I.
Thanks for the vote of confidence but in this case I only have what was printed in the intro booklet for new-J "a plush cotton duvet has been added for sleeping comfort."
It's my strong feeling however that there's not any reason to expect a big, fluffy duvet-- especially in J-- as I just don't think it's remotely practical (and pretty much unheard-of in J-class.) But will be a big improvement over the current "blanket" I would hope.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Blumie
Careful, Pres: as Jon has been careful to point out, all we're talking about now is 763 NBC. It's not clear yet what exactly this duvet will be and whether we'll be seeing it on the 777s in F (although you would think it would follow NBC into the 777s and that whatever is offered in F couldn't be worse than what's in J).
Fair enough. I think if they do it in J, they have to provide at least the same in F. Then again, logic and in-flight service standards are pretty-much mutually exclusive at AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.