Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Metal flatware back on AA

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 4:09 pm

Rumors of the reintroduction of metal flatware are true. I cannot confirm the details surrounding its phase-in or looks. I also cannot confirm the piece about the 767 J seat installation.
Old May 4, 2006, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
We can keep hoping - after all, many airlines DO use metalware on their flights.
All of my 10+ paid J transatlantic roundtrips in the last 18 months had metalware; they were variously on LX, BA, AF and IB.
Old May 4, 2006, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Wink

Originally Posted by Connected1
Rumors of the reintroduction of metal flatware are true. I cannot confirm the details surrounding its phase-in or looks. I also cannot confirm the piece about the 767 J seat installation.
I was prepared to trust you.

I figured you'd know.

Seriously though, is it fair to say that this wasn't "announced" per se (or even disseminated internally) two days ago?

I'm glad to hear it's true in any event.

Now that you're here-- was the rumor this poster posted (also from airliners.net) of Ethiopian joining OW true, to your knowledge? I haven't found a soul who's heard of this as a factual matter (it was posted as such.)
Old May 4, 2006, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
I wish there were a rule that people who bring us at least two pieces of insider information that turns out to be true, won't be suspended. At least two posters on this thread who have brought valid, interesting info before it was publicly available have been suspended at one point or another! (Though for unrelated reasons, I believe.)
Old May 4, 2006, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Seriously though, is it fair to say that this wasn't "announced" per se (or even disseminated internally) two days ago?
I apparently stepped into a credibility oil puddle. The OP did not properly source the news, and is not one of the "in the know" which we all learned to trust even if he/she does not provide hard proof (which would incriminate him/her and force the spigot to be turned off). Oh: tip to the OP--your IP address is being tracked, so you can't just reregister with a new name and deny your history. Back to metalware, someone had already spotted it on the artist rendition of the new lie-flat J seats.
Old May 4, 2006, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
We can keep hoping - after all, many airlines DO use metalware on their flights
Even CO uses it in internation coach, from what I hear, but this is still a step in the right direction, if it proves to be true (which it seems it might actually)
Old May 4, 2006, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aa4ever
Even CO uses it in internation coach, from what I hear, but this is still a step in the right direction, if it proves to be true (which it seems it might actually)
Yes, and CO offers hot food in domestic coach too. Too bad they're even weaker than AA out here on the West Coast.
Old May 4, 2006, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider
Yes, and CO offers hot food in domestic coach too. Too bad they're even weaker than AA out here on the West Coast.
And for me out of RDU. Maybe AA is on the right direction with this, and let's hope it continues to go that way.
Old May 4, 2006, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, Skywards, Flying Blue, Miles & More
Folks and moderators---

Thank you for your attention this message, which is unrelated to AA's flatware or flat seats.

While I have been suspended over the past few days, I do feel that these were not deserved. My references to a certain undesirable user were inappropriate, and I do apologize to those I may have offended with my comments, and for the times I may have gone overboard.

Simply registering under a new name is not my intent, however, I do want a fair chance to use this forum to comment on the airline industry and share the things I know with users here which find it of interest.

I do want a fair chance to do this, and be of assistance to all those on here, as much as all have been for me.

Moderators---I apologize for prior errors.

Regards,

HighAir
Old May 4, 2006, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HighAir
Folks and moderators---

HighAir
Buh-bye.
Old May 4, 2006, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted.

Last edited by hillrider; May 4, 2006 at 5:45 pm
Old May 4, 2006, 8:47 pm

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by hillrider
Hear, hear. It ain't easy sustaining top tier from SFO -- unless you're going to one of only 6 cities, any eastward destination requires a connection. And Europe? Fuhgeddaboutit. Add at least 4 hours to whatever UA or BA are offering (and no AA miles earned on BA for it). Even CO offers a nonstop codeshare to London out of SFO.

As a longtime flyer of both, I will never understand why CO and UA did not merge. They have brilliantly complementary hubs and routes, have a reasonably similar employee culture (at least as compared with AA and NW, which are equally, ah, well-suited for each other), and would have made a far better match than the disastrous, repeated UA attempts at a shotgun hitch-up with US.
Old May 5, 2006, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Now that you're here-- was the rumor this poster posted (also from airliners.net) of Ethiopian joining OW true, to your knowledge? I haven't found a soul who's heard of this as a factual matter (it was posted as such.)
My personal policy is not to comment on material strategic decisions that may or may not be made in the future. The company is constantly studying a number of initiatives, many of which never see the light of day. It would be a disservice to our customers to talk about anything that is being studied due to the natural uncertainties of the business, and a disservice to the company to tip our strategic hand to our competition.

I can give you detailed commentary on things that have happened or minor things that are certain to happen but, other than that, I have a duty to be a good corporate citizen.
Old May 5, 2006, 10:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Connected1
My personal policy is not to comment on material strategic decisions that may or may not be made in the future. The company is constantly studying a number of initiatives, many of which never see the light of day. It would be a disservice to our customers to talk about anything that is being studied due to the natural uncertainties of the business, and a disservice to the company to tip our strategic hand to our competition.

I can give you detailed commentary on things that have happened or minor things that are certain to happen but, other than that, I have a duty to be a good corporate citizen.
Understood-- and very well stated. Best way to make sure we keep you around for a bit as well.
Old May 5, 2006, 10:36 am

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Originally Posted by Horizons
As a longtime flyer of both, I will never understand why CO and UA did not merge. They have brilliantly complementary hubs and routes, have a reasonably similar employee culture (at least as compared with AA and NW, which are equally, ah, well-suited for each other), and would have made a far better match than the disastrous, repeated UA attempts at a shotgun hitch-up with US.
From what I've read, you may eventually get your wish. Give it a few years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.