Wiki Posts
Search

777 first class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2006, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
Originally Posted by DuckDuckSwan
I'd like to send my parents (late 60s and early 70s) to Europe on AA. Naturally, they'd like to sit together and be able to chat. How easy/comfortable is it to talk to each other in the D/G seats in the 1x2x1 configuration? Is it much harder than in the A/B, D/G, H/J seats in the 2x2x2 configuration?

Thanks folks... have a good rest of the week!
They are closer in the coffins but the suites would make them so much more comfortable - can still chat (actually yell as most people seem to do) and dine together. No comparison - but we like to travel with each having a window seat on the suites-one of us goes to the other's seat for dinner.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by fly72
"Just about the nicest F suites in the sky"

Have you tried EK, CX or SQ? Might want to.
Just adding my two cents on this one. Judging the seat alone, AA's seat beats CX's and BA's (I have no recent experience on EK or SQ). However, when you factor in the duvet, CX and BA then trump AA in terms of one's ability to sleep comfortably.

As for the "consensus" of eliminating F on AA's 777s, I've never seen such a consensus discussed on this board, and it certainly didn't get my vote.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blumie
Just adding my two cents on this one. Judging the seat alone, AA's seat beats CX's and BA's (I have no recent experience on EK or SQ). However, when you factor in the duvet, CX and BA then trump AA in terms of one's ability to sleep comfortably.

As for the "consensus" of eliminating F on AA's 777s, I've never seen such a consensus discussed on this board, and it certainly didn't get my vote.
It's only the consensus among those who don't actually fly in F (or at all) but rather think they can run an airline from their keyboard.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, Skywards, Flying Blue, Miles & More
Originally Posted by JonNYC
It's only the consensus among those who don't actually fly in F (or at all) but rather think they can run an airline from their keyboard.
With over 12,000 posts, I wonder who is the one who spends the majority of his time in front of a screen. But, by staying on the ground, it's actually rendering a great service to most FAs.

Last edited by fly72; Apr 29, 2006 at 9:53 am
Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fly72
With over 12,000 posts, I wonder who is the one who spends the majority of his time in front of a screen. But, by staying on the ground, it's actually rendering a great service to most FAs.
Approximately how old are you-- if you don't mind me inquiring?
Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:16 am
Suspended

Approximately how old are you-- if you don't mind me inquiring?
Let's try to keep posts on here airline related. If you want to meet me in private, that's another thing.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyx
Let's try to keep posts on here airline related. If you want to meet me in private, that's another thing.
Flattered-- but spoken for.

Not to mention the Dateline NBC sting potential of that type of thing-- I've got neighbors, ya'know.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:29 am
Suspended

Flattered-- but spoken for.

Not to mention the Dateline NBC sting potential of that type of thing-- I've got neighbors, ya'know.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 8:57 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
(Although I'll take LX's over either.)
Beat me to it ^ - the LX seat is much more spacious - I have no problem working in it - i have never really understood the swivel/desk situation.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by alect
Beat me to it ^ - the LX seat is much more spacious - I have no problem working in it - i have never really understood the swivel/desk situation.
It was an asset for me last week. When you combine the desk with the folding table, you have a large workspace over which you can really spread-out.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:19 pm
Suspended

some prefer coffins

Originally Posted by ijgordon
My personal opinion is that the difference between J and F coffins is much larger than the difference between F coffins and F suites. Particularly on an overnight flight when my main desire is simply a fully flat seat. I don't mind so much sleeping next to strangers, I've done plenty of that in my life.

The difference might be larger between the 2 F's on a daytime flight when traveling alone, in which case I would more highly value the extra personal space of the suites, but still probably not as large as the difference from J to F-coffins.

In any event, to the original poster -- do a search here on "coffins" and "suites" and you'll probably find a wealth of information discussing both configurations.
Some might actually prefer the closeness of the coffins, even if they don't know the person next to them.

I was recently on an overnight LHR-ORD and enjoyed getting to know my seatmate. We really hit it off. One nice thing about the closeness of our two seats was that after dinner when the lights went dim, we were able to sneak in a little fun before getting some Z's. We were in the front on the window (and most of the cabin was already asleep) so could discretely get this done under the covers.

Last edited by onedog; May 1, 2006 at 12:44 pm Reason: Lets keep it PG folks
Old Apr 30, 2006, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chiguy828
edited
Nothing like the guy that registers and posts like this on his "first day."

Last edited by onedog; May 1, 2006 at 12:45 pm
Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum

. YMMV.

Last edited by onedog; May 1, 2006 at 12:45 pm Reason: Lets keep it PG folks
Old Apr 30, 2006, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
YMMV.
And as a gay male, I still think that post was in poor taste. Moderator?

Last edited by onedog; May 1, 2006 at 12:46 pm Reason: Lets keep it PG folks
Old Apr 30, 2006, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by chiguy828
discretely
I think you mean "discreetly".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.