Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service Address for Future Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2006, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Question Customer Service Address for Future Flights

I would like to send a request about a future flight (which has undergone a horrendous schedule change) to the best person possible in AAdvantage Customer Service or AA Customer Relations.

The addresses listed on aa.com are noted as being for "past travel". All "current or future travel" is routed to the AA phone system, which hasn't worked for me.

Does anyone know who I should send my request to? Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Are you looking to get a changed made on your itinerary? If so, just call the PLAT line and they should be able to help you and IME have been very willing to rebook or reroute you depending on changes.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

I am, and they were very helpful in terms of putting me on different flights. My problem is that I am in a world of trouble if I can't make those original flights, which are still there, just with an illegal connection time.

There are just a few solutions that might make it more likely that I can make those flights, and I'd like to submit them in writing.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 4:45 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
If the connection is illegal .. there really is nothing much you can do about it. Each airport has a minimum connecting time that makes the'legal' connection. Still many of us here beleive that 'legal' connection time is not realistic and opt for longer connections.

Why will you be in a 'world of trouble' if you cannot make those original flights??

If you are meeting someone on a flight .. connect to the flight they are on . and change the other flight.

If it is a situation that you cannot leave the departing city before a certain time (due to meetings) and must connect onto a specific flight ... well you are probably stuffed.

AA (nor any airline) will not ticket an illegal connection on one itinerary.

The only option (and YOU will have to take your chances and consequences) would be to cancel the res (AA should allow this since the schedule has changed more than xx 15? minutes) .. then rebook the trip as point to point A to B and B to C as separate tickets (PNRs).

The issues will be:
You will not be able to check luggage thru (since the PNRs are separate . and if combined would be illegal)
IF A to B flight runs late and you miss you B to C flight AA will call you a no-show and if the ticket is non-refunable you will loose out totally. This is the extreme risk of two separate PNRs on AA or on AA and other carrier. (Search may help).

I would not do this... especially if the B to C flight is the only/last of the day. The chances that you miss it would not be worth the headache.

I seriously doubt AA will allow any 'solutions' to an illegal connection. If you are flying internation First Class all the way, you might attempt to get support from Premium Services at the connecting airport to whiz you to your next gate on the VIP Cart .. but again with an illegal connection you may not get much support.

Perhaps if you gave the forum a bit more information (A to C cities for example) someone might be able to give you an alternative you have not thought of that would be legal and work with your constraints.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JGR01
If it is a situation that you cannot leave the departing city before a certain time (due to meetings) and must connect onto a specific flight ... well you are probably stuffed.
I might just be stuffed.

Originally Posted by JGR01
Perhaps if you gave the forum a bit more information (A to C cities for example) someone might be able to give you an alternative you have not thought of that would be legal and work with your constraints.
Flight plan is Friday travel SJC-ORD-BMI. I think I have worked through all the solutions, which are limited as I am flying into a small airport with only 2 connection times: #1 = good, #2 = bad.

The current plan is to make the first meeting, and miss the earlier flight AA changed me to. I'll take the flight I was originally on and try for bulkhead seats so I can get off the plane ASAP and try to go standby on the connection AA.com won't allow. I won't have a confirmed seat, but I'll check inventory day-of and test my odds.

Here were my thoughts:

1 - AA could split the itinerary for me to match my original plan, with a note that says that if I miss my connection, it is OK because we were just trying to help him out since we messed up his plans, just book him on the next flight...

2 - AA could try to get me as close to the front as possible so I can try my luck in ORD. My company won't allow using personal coupons or miles for company travel, so I am out of luck unless it gets comped. So two options are ask for the comp if inventory is available, and ask for the bulkhead day-of, both of which would be fine.

Of course, all of this is just to try an make my original connection, so whatever can be done by AA to facilitate would be most appreciated. That's why I wanted to know who best to write a letter to.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP
Perhaps you should read the following:

American will endeavor to carry you and your baggage with reasonable dispatch, but times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. American may, without notice, substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and, if necessary, may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket. Schedules are subject to change without notice. American is not responsible for or liable for failure to make connections, or to operate any flight according to schedule, or for a change to the schedule of any flight. Under no circumstances shall American be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages arising from the foregoing.

http://www.aa.com/content/customerSe...ponseSchedules

You have 2 choices and 2 choices only, accept or work with AA reservation on a new schedule, without changing the actual ticketing limits or take a refund.

Anything else would be a great bonus, but not expected. Writing a letter will not really solve anything....
Old Apr 23, 2006, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LuckyTarget
Anything else would be a great bonus, but not expected.
Yes, I agree. I do not believe I am owed anything. Just exploring all the options
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:12 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Note really sure why the last two connections are 'not good' but consider a two-sie connection.

There appear to be three ORD connections ....

6:26am - 5:06pm with abou 4 hours in ORD
9:28am - 9:32pm with about 4 hours in ORD
12:15pm - 9:32pm with about 2 hours in ORD

On AA's downloading schedule (I cannot cut and paste it here tho) there are two connection flights... there are connections from SJC to ORD thru DFW, SNA, SAN, PDX, LAX, SEA .. tho these all (except one) get you on the 9:32pm arrival (unless you take a red-eye via someplace thru ORD).. and they are 10-13 hours total travel time. While the 4 hour ORD layover travel time is barely over 10 hours...

What you are trying to construct looks like AA1208 SJC-ORD 9:28am-3:40pm then AA3947 ORD-BMI 4:19pm-5:16pm. Right??

Apparently the AA to Eagle connection is 40 minutes (and you are one minute short). The reason for this is that the walk from AA mainline to Eagle is LONG and there are no moving sidewalks etc! K19 to G23 is a very long run.

Now on top of that if you have any bags, Eagle is famous for loosing them.. anyhow.. no matter how long the connection.

I guess my question is if you are trying to make your meeting and then catch a 9:28am flight .. what time is your meeting and how long will it last? I mean driving to the airport, checking the car in, getting boarding pass/checking luggage and getting thru TSA and all. AA suggests 90 minute checkin with luggage and 60 minutes without.

I guess you must have a very short meeting planned at 7am?!

Why not be a bit more productive at your meeting (not thinking about escaping to the airport) and take the 12:15pm flight and get home at 9:32pm?? Granted 9:32pm vs 5:06pm is later if you had evening plans ... and the other half (or what ever) may not be too pleased...

If you feel you can make the 9:28am (without luggage) go for it .. then RUN to Eagle and standby on the 4:19pm flight. Eagle many times will run late.... but I do not think AA will confirm you on it.

Take your chances if you want ..
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

I haven't made the run since my legs were quite a bit shorter, but it looks like I might be.

You are right about the connection I am trying to make, and the 1 minute off. The reason for the 7a meeting/rush to the airport is a crossing of paths between employees. Then an evening meeting in Bloomington.

I've noticed a lot can change in-between now and then. BMI scheduling seems to change every 2-4 weeks, or maybe it's just my bad luck! I'll probably take my chances running, but hope the schedule changes back to a legal connection.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Maybe you could fly in/out of another airport? Worst case scenario - since it's your last leg, if you're not checking luggage, get confirmed on the later flight. Then try for the earlier flight and if you miss it, if you really need to be there, rent a car and drive.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Buy a o/w, refundable ticket for the flight that you want, the one that has the illegal connection time, just from ORD-BMI. If you get there in time, and there are standby seats, cancel the ticket and use your original res. If you get there and the flight is full, use the new ticket. If you miss the connection, just refund the ticket on the ground at ORD. Your only problem could be if you have to use your new ticket for ORD-BMI, and they cancel the rest of your original reservation, but I am guessing they would work with you on that, given the situation, but I could be wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.