Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losing Gold Status 2/28, Will I lose my March exit row seat?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, UA Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Losing Gold Status 2/28, Will I lose my March exit row seat?

I couldn't find this in search...

My AA Gold status is expiring on 2/28, but I have already booked a trip for March and selected premium seats using my elite status. As of 3/1, will the computer do a "sweep" and kick me out of my pre-booked exit row since I will no longer be an AA elite member?

Thanks. I am accruing my miles on AS now. Can't beat the unlimited upgrades on ANY fare (seat available of course).
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:32 pm

Hey!

I dont think so. My reasoning: A friend of mine wanted an "elite" seat last year and couldnt get it because I was not traveling with him. I reserved a reservation next to the seat he wanted, called in and they assigned him the exit row. I canceled my rez and nothing ever happened to his seat.

I would put money on you being ok.

Peace!
Old Feb 22, 2006, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by PapiTheWriter
A friend of mine wanted an "elite" seat last year and couldnt get it because I was not traveling with him. I reserved a reservation next to the seat he wanted, called in and they assigned him the exit row. I canceled my rez and nothing ever happened to his seat.
Just to throw in my two cents, Papi - I think you're doing all the elites here a BIG disservice by getting your friend this seat in such a manner. I could entirely understand if you were traveling with him, but clearly you were not. The ability to get a good seat is a huge elite benefit, perhaps one of the most important for many of us following the upgrade benefit.

Not cool.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 22, 2006, 3:42 pm
Suspended

I agree with FlyerBeek.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
On the original topic, they won't generally take away a seat you're in - unless they need it for some reason or the aircraft changes, which are separate issues. They have no way to know how you got it, so they can't figure out that the reason no longer applies. I think you'll get to keep it.

It's the flip side of what can happen immediately after you gain elite status: the premium seating may be all gone by the time anyone or anything at AA knows you're allowed to reserve it. AA giveth and AA taketh away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.