Search

What happens re phone numbers on 3/1?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
What happens re phone numbers on 3/1?

I will drop to GLD on 3/1. I have the PLT number on my cell phone already. Do I have to change it to the GLD number, or when I call will it automatically route me to the GLD line (as in the GLD place in the que, and have an agent say GLD instead of PLT when saying hello)? Or will it just hang up on me?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:27 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Hyatt - Diamond, Hilton - Gold, Nobody to lots of companies!
There really isn't a Gold or Platinum line anymore, so you will still be routed to the same regular rep anyway.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:48 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by iuprecise
There really isn't a Gold or Platinum line anymore, so you will still be routed to the same regular rep anyway.
Agreed - my understanding from a friend that is Platinum is that some of the reps. there are just totally clueless.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: All of 'em
It doesn't matter what number you call if it's higher than your status - you'll get routed downwards either way. I had only the EXP number handy the other day on a friend's cell even though I'm PLT and it worked fine, they presumably just passed me along when I read them my FF number.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by Flailey
It doesn't matter what number you call if it's higher than your status - you'll get routed downwards either way. I had only the EXP number handy the other day on a friend's cell even though I'm PLT and it worked fine, they presumably just passed me along when I read them my FF number.
Teh nice thing abotu teh EXP number is that it bypasses a lot of the stuff on the regular number too, so even as a PLT if you call it you can save some time waiting.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
I will drop to GLD on 3/1.
Are you abandoning AA, too? With all your posts here, I thought you were one of AA's most loyal supporters.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:54 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by tom911
Are you abandoning AA, too? With all your posts here, I thought you were one of AA's most loyal supporters.
Believe it or not, he earned PLT last year via a challenge, and didn't requalify, so he's dropping down to GLD.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:30 am

Programs: AA PLT MM
I just tune into his posts to see if Jon replied :p

I will drop to GLD on 3/1.
Countdown to the Fly J Annual PLT Challenge, 10...9...8...7...

Originally Posted by MiamiBeach
Believe it or not, he earned PLT last year via a challenge, and didn't requalify, so he's dropping down to GLD.
... and all of the status in his profile is either entry level or comp'd based on his AA PLT.

However, before I dog-pile on the rabbit too much, he can regurgitate evrything he has seen on this site very well (must come from the OD'ing on Kettle 1). Maybe he can just be the new reply to a search inquiry.

Last edited by plasticman; Feb 22, 2006 at 10:35 am
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plasticman
Countdown to the Fly J Annual PLT Challenge, 10...9...8...7...

... and all of the status in his profile is either entry level or comp'd based on his AA PLT.

However, before I dog-pile on the rabbit too much, he can regurgitate evrything he has seen on this site very well (must come from the OD'ing on Kettle 1). Maybe he can just be the new reply to a search inquiry.
You'd save yourself some aggravation by just following Jon's posts . And, hate to break it to you, but the SPG one is now real (even though it was a comp in the beginning).
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do AA's phone systems taunt those who fail to requalify? Seems to me that would be some extra incentive to fly those 25k/50k/100k miles. Something like a month or two where everytime you call, a hearty laugh greets you and Nancy Cartwright says "Ha-Ha!! You've been downgraded! Better luck next year!"
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM
... And, hate to break it to you, but the SPG one is now real (even though it was a comp in the beginning).
Comp'd or not, you have the status so there's no harm in that and I did not want to imply otherwise. Put it to good use. I think we're all on FT here trying to find the best way to play the system without being completely unethical.

... but I am also right about the countdown, right?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plasticman
Comp'd or not, you have the status so there's no harm in that and I did not want to imply otherwise. Put it to good use. I think we're all on FT here trying to find the best way to play the system without being completely unethical.

... but I am also right about the countdown, right?

Not sure about the countdown, actually. If I'm still doing flights that I upgrade with miles, and don't need the 72hr window, I'll just wait till the second half of June, when I'll likely go to Europe. Oh, and for the, uh, um, other thing, my friend once asked me the fastest way to status. I started to tell him about the challenge, at which point I turned to him and said "so, just how low are your morals?. . ."
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
Does this mean you are going to change the handle, and back?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenfry
Does this mean you are going to change the handle, and back?

You mean handle, or the other info to the left. The stuff to the left will change, but I'll still Fly AA J all the way. . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.