AA new service ORD-DEL-ORD has done very well

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
AA new service ORD-DEL-ORD has done very well

Hi all,

I just check on the load factor on AA new service ORD-DEL-ORD for almost 3 months. But, they are doing very well on both way ORD-DEL-ORD. These some flights is full both way to/from India. After in the future AA will decide to get increase more flights to DEL. Does AA will get more people to India in the future and some of other few competition with Air India to BOM & DEL were always full. In the future AI will get longer nonstop from BOM or DEL-ORD using on B777 aircraft. I am hoping will able they do just fine both carrier. It is very special time for celebration new nonstop with other airlines in India.

Regards
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Good to hear that - we will do SFO-ORD-DEL Feb 27, return March 19. I wonder how many of the passengers are flying AA 292 / 293 as the S2 codeshare?

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Full flights often aren't profitable flights. In this case, however, it appears that yields have been strong and it looks like it's a winner. After the loser of ORD-NGO from last year, AA could use a winner.

It gets even better in a few weeks when AA begins flying ORD-PVG. Some estimates of annual revenue for that flight exceed $200 million.

AA could certainly use that kind of revenue. DEL could be worth another $150-$200 million of annual revenue.

Another flight to DEL? I wouldn't count on it for the near term. Much better to fill one daily flight with a lot of paid F and J than to fly double dailies with lackluster premium cabin loads.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Another flight to DEL? I wouldn't count on it for the near term. Much better to fill one daily flight with a lot of paid F and J than to fly double dailies with lackluster premium cabin loads.
I agree. More likely I woudl guess we would see the introduction of some other new and exciting foregin cities in the next few years. If DEL and PVG both do well, perhaps we will see an ORD-BKK/SEL/PEK type route. Of course its just speculation but that sure would be great!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by olimaspecto
I agree. More likely I woudl guess we would see the introduction of some other new and exciting foregin cities in the next few years. If DEL and PVG both do well, perhaps we will see an ORD-BKK/SEL/PEK type route. Of course its just speculation but that sure would be great!
I don't know think they have the 777s available to do this right now and won't for about another 6 years.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by chsb
I don't know think they have the 777s available to do this right now and won't for about another 6 years.
Very true. I let my whimsical thinking get the best of me That said, perhaps AA will magically announce an order of 787s that will be able to be inserted into the fleet and some shuffling occur. Again, not very likely, but a guy can still dream, eh?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Good to hear that - we will do SFO-ORD-DEL Feb 27, return March 19. I wonder how many of the passengers are flying AA 292 / 293 as the S2 codeshare?

Cheers.
Actually, I'm exactly sure will some of people goes on codeshare with S2. It is part of AA codeshare to DEL. It is about 200+ passengers are flying on triple 777 to DEL. You will do SFO-ORD-DEL next week? When you will write down on the trip reports this flyertalk and please leave on PM for me. Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by olimaspecto
And i was just thinking that MCI-STL returning would be great, even on an RJ. maybe DEL has a better premium?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
This explains why my ORD-DEL in Apr hasn't cleared!

Are the loads full because winter is a peak season to go to India?

Perhaps that explains sale to DEL in Apr and possibly in summer months.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenfry

Yes, it is for loads full because during winter peak season go to DEL. It should be do just fine some of flight will not too much people in Spring, Summer or fall.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kenfry

This part of winter is a peak season -- mostly from business travellers and tourists. Mid-April to mid-May seems to get less busy generally for US/Europe-India traffic. If I were to expect anything good price-wise, I'd expect the sales to get listed in the late spring/early summer which would be good for travel from around mid-September until mid-November.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chsb
I agree, except that AA could withdraw its 777s from the CRAF if it saw more profitable new routes/flights to fly. A couple have been flying mostly military flights since early 2003. Additionally, it could downgrade a flight or two from a 777 to a 763 if it saw opportunity.

Although Boeing is currently turning out 777s at about half the rate it did several years ago, I'm guessing that AA wouldn't be told to wait for six or seven years if AA called tomorrow. For example, El Al ordered two 777-200ERs last December that are scheduled for delivery in 2007:

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/new...51213a_nr.html

So if push came to shove, and AA saw profitable opportunities for a few new 777s, I'll bet they would be delivered prior to 2008. AA managed to defer its existing 777 orders until 2013, but that doesn't mean there's zero chance of getting them sooner.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I agree, except that AA could withdraw its 777s from the CRAF if it saw more profitable new routes/flights to fly. A couple have been flying mostly military flights since early 2003. Additionally, it could downgrade a flight or two from a 777 to a 763 if it saw opportunity.

Although Boeing is currently turning out 777s at about half the rate it did several years ago, I'm guessing that AA wouldn't be told to wait for six or seven years if AA called tomorrow. For example, El Al ordered two 777-200ERs last December that are scheduled for delivery in 2007:

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/new...51213a_nr.html

So if push came to shove, and AA saw profitable opportunities for a few new 777s, I'll bet they would be delivered prior to 2008. AA managed to defer its existing 777 orders until 2013, but that doesn't mean there's zero chance of getting them sooner.
Yes, that is exactly right for LY had been on order 2 more B777-200ER. They will able delivery in 2007 to El Al.

Later AA will get more B777 delivery about 6 or 7 years. That is long way to go for AA to get more 777 on orders in the future. If AA will profitable to keep them with the money. Then, AA will defer deliveries in the future.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A second daily AA flight to DEL year-round would not make much sense now. I remember that not even 5 years ago UA had serious trouble filling up it's once a day service to DEL, and business traffic, tourists and friends/family traffic alone -- even given the increase in demand -- would today still not justify two daily, year-round AA flights from the US to DEL. Would AA try it? If it does, then the financial success is more gamble than anything.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
A second daily AA flight to DEL year-round would not make much sense now. I remember that not even 5 years ago UA had serious trouble filling up it's once a day service to DEL, and business traffic, tourists and friends/family traffic alone -- even given the increase in demand -- would today still not justify two daily, year-round AA flights from the US to DEL.
Please explain to me about AA will second daily to DEL year-round? It should get more serious about AA will get daytime to India is much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.