AA ranked #3 Airline in Fortune's Most Admired Companies

 
Old Feb 21, 06, 6:33 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LGA/JFK/HPN
Programs: DL Gld, AA MM
Posts: 139
AA ranked #3 Airline in Fortune's Most Admired Companies

The list and related stories appear in the March 6 issue.

Top Ten
1. Continental Airlines
2. Southwest Airlines
3. AMR
4. Alaska Air Group
5. ExpressJet Holdings
6. America West Holdings
7. Northwest Airlines
8. Delta Air Lines
9. UAL
10. US Airways Group

Interesting that B6 didn't make the cut.

Searchable list of companies can be found here:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...shots/104.html


Found a similar posting in the CO newsgroup here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ired+companies
stx00820 is offline  
Old Feb 21, 06, 6:43 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Arlington, VA
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 1,013
AA ranked #3 Airline in Fortune's Most Admired Companies...in the airline industry I think that's a critical distinction. (Perhaps everyone else knows that the list of admired companies is always separated by industry, but I didn't).
chrisw is offline  
Old Feb 21, 06, 7:00 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LGA/JFK/HPN
Programs: DL Gld, AA MM
Posts: 139
Originally Posted by chrisw
AA ranked #3 Airline in Fortune's Most Admired Companies...in the airline industry I think that's a critical distinction. (Perhaps everyone else knows that the list of admired companies is always separated by industry, but I didn't).
Yes, the rankings have always been done on an industry basis (Fortune's ranking has been around since the early 80s). They do rank the top thirty by cross-industry, but that is more for bragging rights/water cooler discussion than anything else.

Besides, I thought people would get the industry point once they read the post and see the top ten list. If people believe that the top ten US companies are all airlines, then I've got a bridge to sell them...
stx00820 is offline  
Old Feb 21, 06, 8:35 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: STL
Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 12,963
Isn't being the 3rd most admired company in the airline industry a little like being the 3rd tallest Munchkin in Munchkinland?
gemac is offline  
Old Feb 21, 06, 8:40 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: QLA
Programs: SBUX Gold
Posts: 14,506
Originally Posted by gemac
Isn't being the 3rd most admired company in the airline industry a little like being the 3rd tallest Munchkin in Munchkinland?
Or the bronze medalist in curling
IceTrojan is offline  
Old Feb 21, 06, 9:39 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: LAX
Posts: 3,416
i am suprised CO made the cut.
with nonepass and the HKY rule for international upgrades i never would have thunk it
azmmza is offline  
Old Feb 21, 06, 11:13 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York
Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Posts: 1,598
Originally Posted by azmmza
i am suprised CO made the cut.
with nonepass and the HKY rule for international upgrades i never would have thunk it
Note, this is (I believe) a ranking of most admired by people within the industry, not admired by consumers.
acf573 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread