Upgrade Class Code

Old Feb 20, 06, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Upgrade Class Code

I'm traveling 2/23 FLL-SJU-ORD-FRA. When looking on EF for upgrade seats, is the class R? I'm inside my 72 hour window for the FLL-SJU (traveling with the wife, also PLT) with aa.com showing 12 of 22 seats empty and EF showing R6 but our UG hasn't cleared.
Old Feb 20, 06, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by Ltgfrk
I'm traveling 2/23 FLL-SJU-ORD-FRA. When looking on EF for upgrade seats, is the class R? I'm inside my 72 hour window for the FLL-SJU (traveling with the wife, also PLT) with aa.com showing 12 of 22 seats empty and EF showing R6 but our UG hasn't cleared.
X
Old Feb 20, 06, 9:56 am
Original Poster

When I search for X on both the FLL-SJU and SJU-ORD EF does not return either of my flights. In fact, it won't return any direct flights.
Old Feb 20, 06, 10:03 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
What are the flights? As a note, it is 'X' for upgrades to business on 2-class flights, and R for coach-business on three class flights.

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 06, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to your routing. I tought you were doing some kind of MR through SJC.

You are correct. R is the code as this is an upgrade from Y to J.
Old Feb 20, 06, 10:33 am

The ex-SJU flights require "R" class as the front cabin it is considered Business class on those flights, even though they are completely domestic. If your UG hasn't cleared, call and use the automated system. Sometimes the UG request gets stuck when you click the check box on aa.com when you buy your tickets. If R is still available, you'll clear immediately. If it does not get an agent to investigate.
Old Feb 20, 06, 11:09 am
Original Poster

I just wasted 20 minutes on the phone with AA. I was transfered 3 times because the first two were clueless. The last agent told me I was correct, there were seats available but "the computer does this so hopefully you'll get upgraded soon."
Old Feb 20, 06, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
That makes no sense. I would keep calling or trying the automated upgrade phone system.
Old Feb 20, 06, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

This is another good reason to join the Admiral's Club (unless you're EXP, I suppose.)

Last edited by Jakebeth; Feb 20, 06 at 6:14 pm
Old Feb 20, 06, 4:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Do what my FT colleagues vasantn and DataPlumber have suggested - call the automated upgrade line and see if the call will stimulate it to shake your request loose. Why does it work (at least often?) I and an instructor who once tried to explain P-N-P theory of solid state devices, got stuck and then said "it just works."

Originally Posted by Ltgfrk
Old Feb 20, 06, 5:49 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
You mean the automated upgrade system is all about holes, electrons, doping and valence levels...with quantum elements and Hiesenberg uncertainty thrown in? Now it all makes sense...

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 06, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by brp
You mean the automated upgrade system is all about holes, electrons, doping and valence levels...with quantum elements and Hiesenberg uncertainty thrown in? Now it all makes sense...

Cheers.

I suspect it's held together with duct tape and chewing gum.
Old Feb 21, 06, 11:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Talking brp's got it!

Exactly! ROTFL! (Especially the dopey and uncertainty parts... )

The instructor was a Canadian, with a very ironic name - "D. C. Wran." Less than electrifying personality, and when he became brain-tied on an explanation, he retreated to the Automated Upgrade defense - "it just seems towork."

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.

Search this Thread