Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting movie about AA employees

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2006, 1:49 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Great video. It has to be a training video. What is amazing is that ist accurately portrays the actions of flight attendants. At 20% of my flights on a monthly basis have the type of flight attendant portrayed in this video. Unfortunately,s some of them such as the flight attendant I had on my last JFK-LAX a couple weeks ago didn't want to do even a "fly-by".

And the LAX-JFK FA in J wanted me to mix my own mimosa (so I could spill it all over myself). I declined.

The sad fact is that unacceptable service is a reality on 20% of my flights. It's too high of a level, in my opinion and is higher than that the experiences I encounter on other legacy carriers such as Delta Air Lines. And what is really sad is that it's not only unfair to the pax but it is also unfair to all the other FA's who work very hard to please AA's customers. More FA's need to see this video.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
This video was great. AA needs to get a few more FAs through the insane aslyum.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Hilarious video. Not only entertaining but it might have some use for some people.

The passenger who was bragging about the pre-departure drink is almost as bad as the passengers who b*tch about about all they Y passengers boarding. I'll never forget the guy who said 'Oh, that's just the cattle being loaded.' I might feel a little self important when I'm in F sometimes, but never enough to say something rude, especially when people are standing in the aisle right next to me...
Old Feb 20, 2006, 4:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
What a hoot! It uses lots of humor and some (sometimes not?) exaggeration, and probably does follow the phases a new AA employee goes through - excitement and elation, disappointment, anger, burnout, "re-education" as they call it in some countries that shall remain nameless, and acceptance. In the end, it's all about how we each are in control of our own attitude, and we all have control on the effect we have on others. Whether it is used in training or not, it certainly gets the point across simply, and undermines defense mechanisms with humor. Hmm... there's an interesting question: training FAs, or passengers?
Old Feb 23, 2006, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36
...or we get "orange juice or water?" instead of "would you like a beverage?"
Guess what? When we are trained at the academy they told us that predepartures were oj, water, and champagne. Coffee is supposed to be added at breakfast. Nobody said anything about us offering everything else. We just do it.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA*back to GM, DL Silver, HA-29 segments and counting
Thanks for the laugh OP. After having a delayed FC flight (45 mins. on the ground) with no predeparture drinks, I'll keep the discussion in mind.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: All of 'em
Did the link stop working or am I just retarded. Don't answer that Jon.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Link didn't work for me either....
Old Feb 23, 2006, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Just did a search and found a good FA rap...I think you guys will like it.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ight+attendant
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:57 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
I'm jealous....I don't get to fly with girls in bikini....

(that location looked like it was on the beach in PVR. Looked like the place I stayed at last year...rocks on the right would have had a statue of a sea-horse)
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:10 pm

Maybe not for everyones taste, but I would be down for a long haul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0KTK...ht%20attendant

Old Feb 25, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
where do I buy tickets?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM
Any working mirrors for the AA FA video?
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:00 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Post Google subpoenaed by airline

AMERICAN SEEKS PERSON WHO THEY SAY POSTED COPYRIGHTED VIDEO

American Airlines wants Google to reveal the identity of a person who the airline says posted a copyrighted video on Google's video Web site.

Filed under the controversial Digital Millennium Copyright Act, a subpoena issued Feb. 21 demands ``all documents'' concerning the person who posted a video titled ``Flight Attendant, Upside Down,'' on Google Video.

The airline claims the clip was excerpted from a copyrighted training video. If the video is copyrighted, Google will probably be forced to comply, said Cindy Cohn, legal director for the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a San Francisco-based group that advocates for digital rights.

San Jose Mercury News link for full story
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Run, Forest, Run!

Boy, since the link didn't work, I went looking at some other ones on there. Boy, people have *way* too much time on their hands.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26624385402778

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.