FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Interesting movie about AA employees (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/528315-interesting-movie-about-aa-employees.html)

777-DCA Feb 19, 2006 11:20 pm

Interesting movie about AA employees

Saw this movie on Google. It takes a while for it to show what the point of the movie is and it cuts a little early, but interesting nonetheless.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ight+attendant

I think its a movie for AA emplyees to make them feel happy and proud of AA. :)

am2220 Feb 19, 2006 11:44 pm

Interesting!!

Hope it keeps them motivated!

justageek Feb 19, 2006 11:52 pm

That video is disturbing in so many ways.

If that's actually an official AA training video, they really need to bump up the training video budget down there in Fort Worth.

kenfry Feb 20, 2006 12:01 am

Wow... they let this out in public :o

1/4MM@20 Feb 20, 2006 12:40 am

That must be a joke!

It is the most camp video I've seen since the Carry On films..... Absolutely hilarious, but surely a joke!

stratofortress Feb 20, 2006 5:51 am

Oh dear. While I'm happy they're trying to do something about employee motivation, I don't really think they're on the right track here...

RTW4 Feb 20, 2006 5:55 am

This video was absolutely hysterical. I have known that AA empoyees are an unhappy bunch now and the comments about nickel and diming passengers was right on....

j3823x Feb 20, 2006 6:01 am

Originally Posted by justageek

If that's actually an official AA training video, they really need to bump up the training video budget down there in Fort Worth.

Maybe its not a corporately produced video but something employees were allowed to create/submit for whatever.

seaskybound Feb 20, 2006 6:27 am

This is a great training video. With the difficulties of being an FA these days exacerbated by the difficulties of being a passenger, a training video needs to employ humour, sarcasm and reverse psychology. The point of it is to get an attitude change (where needed) what do you want a video repeating "be nice, be nice"

AAFA Feb 20, 2006 8:26 am

Originally Posted by justageek

The AA training videos are all this quality and better. AA has their own video department which puts out some very good stuff. They are the ones who made the demo, BTW.

This video used to be on you tube with the pilot video. My friends and I weren't sure if it is a training video for this year or not. Nobody I know has gone to their recurrent training yet.

The other reason we are almost certain it IS a training video is that it was entirely filmed at the AA training academy and the airplane is a mock up in the training facility and not a real one.

DataPlumber Feb 20, 2006 8:48 am

Where have I seen this on FT before?? There is another thread around here with this...

aamilesslave Feb 20, 2006 9:30 am

Originally Posted by RTW4
This video was absolutely hysterical. I have known that AA empoyees are an unhappy bunch now and the comments about nickel and diming passengers was right on....

I wonder how many FAs see this and think to themselves, "What's a pre-departure?"

sluggoaafa Feb 20, 2006 9:57 am

was at recurrent training in January, and this video was NOT part of training. It was on youtube.com and has been removed then added again.

I thought it was a joke, but it was done with AA employees at the training academy, so, who knows. Although, I will admit that it is often how pax behave on flights (and few F/As because of Pax attitude)

HA HA about the 'predeparture' joke, ALL AA employee's know what pre-departures are. Although, not all AA Pax know that often times there may not be catering for pre-departures, Time restraints don't warrant pre-departures, not enough drinks for pre-departures AND in-flight beverages.

Don't jump on me about pre-departures....this topic has been thoroughly discussed over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over....get the hint... :D

oh well, off to work.

iuprecise Feb 20, 2006 11:34 am

too funny!

ESpen36 Feb 20, 2006 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
HA HA about the 'predeparture' joke, ALL AA employee's know what pre-departures are. Although, not all AA Pax know that often times there may not be catering for pre-departures, Time restraints don't warrant pre-departures, not enough drinks for pre-departures AND in-flight beverages.

...or we get "orange juice or water?" instead of "would you like a beverage?"