Wiki Posts
Search

Need advice: YYZ-ORD-DEL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Need advice: YYZ-ORD-DEL

Hi
I am a AC regular and am planning a trip from Toronto to Delhi. I would usually fly AC as I have a chance of being upgraded but AA has some amazing deals and is looking to be about $500 cheaper then AC.

Heard some conflicting reports on the AA 777.
CAn someone give me some idea about the following:

-IFE
-MEals
-Seat comfort
-Any chance or way for a non One world member to upgrade?

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:38 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
No to the last point/question.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by llbean
Hi
I am a AC regular and am planning a trip from Toronto to Delhi. I would usually fly AC as I have a chance of being upgraded but AA has some amazing deals and is looking to be about $500 cheaper then AC.

-IFE
-MEals
-Seat comfort

Thanks
IFE : You would have IFE as a personal monitor (back of the seat in Y), also a IFE box that is stowed inside your seat arm rest (in J). The choices of movie are pretty weak. You would have couple of Indian movies to select from (if you understand Hindi). The English selections are just lame.
Meals : I did this RT in J, the meals were nothing out of ordinary. I would rate them average. You get one big dinner, small snack and breakfast going out. On the return I think the breakfast is little bit heavier with a lite dinner to begin the flight.
Seat Comfort: J is not flat bed .. however it is quite comforting, Y I would assume is not bad too, I did notice that the leg room was little bit better than usual.
Hope this helps, have a nice trip
Cheers,
GRR_Flier
Old Feb 17, 2006, 12:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Coach is... coach. Check www.seatguru.com for seat selection and information.

You will be fed airline food.

You can link to entertainment offered here.

Forget about an upgrade; some would take Ambien or Lunesta and dream about it.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 3:15 pm

Talking

I agree with our mentor, JDiver.

However, on the return, remember that the airline food was prepared in Delhi, so take the same precautions that you plan to take while traveling about India.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 3:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yeah, on airlines I never drink water from any of the aircraft's plumbing - only verifiable bottled water!

Mentor, mentor - isn't that some kind of seasoning sometimes used in juleps? Fortunately, we have a number of elder statespeople who are more knowledgeable than I on F... though it is true I am probably their elder agewise.

Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
I agree with our mentor, JDiver.

However, on the return, remember that the airline food was prepared in Delhi, so take the same precautions that you plan to take while traveling about India.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Hi

-IFE
-MEals
-Seat comfort

Thanks

It seems to me that you're referring to the coach product. I was upgraded on all my recent trips but did hear from my colleagues on the coach product.

IFE is really pathetic. The number of movies and the choice of movies are all poor. If you don't care for Bollywoood movies then you're in even more trouble (about 3 or so Bollywood films within the limited selection). You want IFE, go CX with VOD (Video on Demand). AA flies a 777 on this route with seatback IFE for coach. The screen is small and passable. You're better off with your own laptop or DVD player. Make sure you select a seat with seat power (hard to do this in the last minute unless you're elite).

Meals in coach on ORD-DEL is very average. Comparable to North American carriers and definitely not in the league of SQ. Meals on DEL-ORD tastes a little better if you like Indian food but as another poster recommended take the usual precautions (eat only hot items, skip salad, etc.).

Seat Comfort - Typical AA 777. Not enough seat pitch in coach. Check out seatguru.com as mentioned above.

Upgrades - If you book well in advance you may get a mileage based upgrade which involves a $250 fee each way and huge amount of miles (40,000). India is very hard to find upgrades to. There'll be enough EXPs to always trump regular pax.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by enjoystravel
Upgrades - There'll be enough EXPs to always trump regular pax.
Not to mention the full-fare paying pax who apparently fill the cabins on this route.

OP, think about it this way... it's $500 more on AC, but if you're relatively sure of the upgrade, then there you are.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Not to mention the full-fare paying pax who apparently fill the cabins on this route.

OP, think about it this way... it's $500 more on AC, but if you're relatively sure of the upgrade, then there you are.

Problem is the AC flights are faily packed as well so i think the beast case scenario is 50%!
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:26 am

Hi

-IFE
-MEals
-Seat comfort

Thanks

I think you could try to get yor hands on some VIPs - maybe through coupon connection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.