LHR T3->T1 Intl, can I make it, can I shower?

Old Feb 17, 06, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Em (AA EXP+5MM), AA CK, Delta Silver, UA 1K
LHR T3->T1 Intl, can I make it, can I shower?

I read all of the search results, still not clear.

I am going JFK-LHR-LED (StPete) this weekend. I assume I will have boarding passes straight through, and all in carry on. I will want a shower in LHR, if at all possible. I have 2 hrs from arrival in A/F at LHR to departure in J (Club Europe, I imagine, not looking forward to that letdown!). If I go airside with the FastTrack, can I make it to T1 Intl and grab a shower? I walk fast. If so, I assume I can use MB Spa shower - exactly where is the lounge in T1 Intl?

I know it is tight, looking for any tips.......thx!
Old Feb 18, 06, 12:37 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
FastTrack is to go landside, not airside. Staying airside means you don't clear immigration into the UK and you take a bus from T3 to T1. This takes about 15 minutes this time of the year (in summer peak time it can take up to 2 hours due to huge crowds, though then they do have J/F priority lane for security at the FCC which helps somewhat). Staying airside gets you to the BA F lounge in T1 which has the MB Spa; however the showers at the MB Spa are the same as the showers at the Terraces lounge, and you aren't eligible to use the MB Spa treatments (they are for long-haul J/F pax only).

Alternative is to clear immigration (fasttrack has been closed for the majority of my trips in the past year, but it generally takes 10 minutes) and then either go to the AA Arrivals lounge in T3 for a shower (just as good as the MB Spa) or walk to T1 and checkin (be sure to use zone R at T1 if the lines are long, otherwise it doesn't matter). The walk and security clearing will take about 30 minutes, or longer than staying airside but not by much (however it is circa half mile walk, albeit assisted with moving sidewalks).

Either way you wind up in the BA F lounge at T1 airside. So there isn't much difference in the experience or the time. Going landside does get you a UK stamp in your passport and the chance for customs to search your bags, otherwise it is much the same. In the summer it is often faster to go landside, but not in Feb.
Old Feb 18, 06, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There is "FastTrack" of sorts for airside connections too. I went through the "FastTrack" portion of Flight Connections -- within the last 48 hours -- from T3 to a BA flight by just showing the BA card and e-ticket itinerary. Great for avoiding the long line that is normal Flight Connections security screening.

The sign did say something about the "pink" thing -- maybe that it was not valid itself for going through the faster security screening line at flight connections??? -- but a BA premium cabin ticket certainly did get me through much faster due to such a type of facility for airside to airside connections starting at T3.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 18, 06 at 12:52 am
Old Feb 18, 06, 12:53 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
There is "FastTrack" of sorts for airside connections too. I went through the "FastTrack" portion of Flight Connections -- within the last 48 hours -- from T3 to a BA flight by just showing the BA card and e-ticket itinerary. Great for avoiding the long line that is normal Flight Connections security screening.
T4 usually has this, and T1 usually does not. Were you doing T3 to T4?
Old Feb 18, 06, 2:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by number_6
T4 usually has this, and T1 usually does not. Were you doing T3 to T4?
Flight Connections for T3 to T1. And Flight Connections for T2 to T4.

Search this Thread