Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fares up on the DFW/DAL/STL routes... and probably others as well...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fares up on the DFW/DAL/STL routes... and probably others as well...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:46 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by gemac
Right now, there are 13 nonstops/day on AA from STL to DFW, mostly M-80s with a few 757s. In addition, NW and UA offer the fare as a one-stop, but it is more expensive and an extra connection, so I gotta think anybody who is currently doing that will continue to do so.

AA is adding 4 nonstops/day to DAL, and WN is adding 4. None of the current AA nonstops to DFW is being taken out of the schedule.
Actually, AA is dropping 5 of the current 13 STL-DFW roundtrips on March 2.

Greg
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GregL
Actually, AA is dropping 5 of the current 13 STL-DFW roundtrips on March 2.

Greg
I used March 7 STL-DFW, March 9 DFW-STL, by schedule to check. AA.com still lists all 13. Feb. 7 and 9 show the same 13 flights. I didn't try booking all 13 in March to see if it would let me, just assumed that if they weren't flying a flight, they wouldn't list it. Do you know which flights are being dropped?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:15 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by gemac
I used March 7 STL-DFW, March 9 DFW-STL, by schedule to check. AA.com still lists all 13. Feb. 7 and 9 show the same 13 flights. I didn't try booking all 13 in March to see if it would let me, just assumed that if they weren't flying a flight, they wouldn't list it. Do you know which flights are being dropped?
My bad.. the drop occurs on April 3.

The new schedule has STL-DFW flights leaving at:

610am
840am
1035am
115pm
235pm
435pm
545pm
720pm

DFW-STL flights leave at:

742am
918am
1052am
1256pm
323pm
506pm
717pm
936pm

Greg
Old Feb 8, 2006, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GregL
My bad.. the drop occurs on April 3.
Hmmmm...

Looks like the max for extra seats will be from Mar. 2 to Apr. 2, , then it drops down, but still extra seats.

I checked a half dozen flights on Feb. 28, and they seemed to range from half empty to 80% empty. I don't know what percentage of seats either airline normally has filled 3 weeks out on this type of route, or how many seats WN has sold for March, but I still think somebody is going to be flying a lot of nearly empty planes. It may be too far in the future for them to be taking drastic steps, but I intend to keep my eyes open.

Last edited by gemac; Feb 8, 2006 at 6:59 pm
Old Feb 9, 2006, 4:31 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Here's one way to fill the empty seats...

Dallas Love Field / DFW - Special Mileage Awards

AA / American Eagle
Use up to 40% fewer miles in eight select markets

For a limited time - use less miles for MileSAAverSM awards between Dallas Love Field or DFW International Airport and Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City or St. Louis!

Airline:
American Airlines / American Eagle

Award:
Lower mileage needed for mileSAAver award travel on selected routes

Dates:
Travel between March 2, 2006 and May 31, 2006. Travel must be completed by May 31, 2006.

Offer:
For a limited time, you can claim a round-trip MileSAAver award between either Dallas Love Field or DFW International Airport and Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City or St. Louis for a reduced number of miles.

* 15,000 AAdvantage miles in Coach Class (10,000 mile savings*)
* 30,000 AAdvantage miles in First Class (15,000 mile savings*)

To book this special award, simply contact AAdvantage reservations at 1-800-882-8880.

Terms and Conditions
This award special is valid for round-trip travel only on non-stop flights between Dallas Love Field or DFW International Airport and Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City or St. Louis which are marketed and operated by American Airlines / American Eagle. Award inventory is subject to seat availability and capacity controls. Seats for award travel may not be available on all flights. All taxes and fees associated with award travel or ticketing award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and/or AAdvantage member.

*Off the normal MileSAAver award.

Link

Last edited by LRD; Feb 12, 2006 at 5:51 am
Old Feb 9, 2006, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LRD

AA / American Eagle

For a limited time - use less miles for MileSAAverSM awards between Dallas Love Field or DFW International Airport and Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City or St. Louis!

Airline:

Award:

Dates:
Travel between March 2, 2006 and May 31, 2006. Travel must be completed by May 31, 2006.

Offer:
For a limited time, you can claim a round-trip MileSAAver award between either Dallas Love Field or DFW International Airport and Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City or St. Louis for a reduced number of miles.

To book this special award, simply contact AAdvantage reservations at 1-800-882-8880.

Terms and Conditions
This award special is valid for round-trip travel only on non-stop flights between Dallas Love Field or DFW International Airport and Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City or St. Louis which are marketed and operated by American Airlines / American Eagle. Award inventory is subject to seat availability and capacity controls. Seats for award travel may not be available on all flights. All taxes and fees associated with award travel or ticketing award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and/or AAdvantage member.

Link
The $118 RT's are everywhere. But I am sure they will have some deals.... Someone will cash in for a "Free" ticket.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LRD

AA / American Eagle

Airline:

Award:

Dates:

Offer:

Terms and Conditions

Link
Some will no doubt take these awards. We think that none of them will be Flyertalkers. Give up 16,000 miles for $118? We think not.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 9:39 am

Another heads up: fares are up along the Austin and San Antonio routes. I'm seeing nothing below $124 w/taxes.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
STL-DFW-STL on the dates I'm looking on are up to $138.

DFW-AUS-DFW on the dates I'm looking at are up to $118.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg

What days? I can't seem to find anything on ITA for less than $124 w/tax for DFW/DAL to AUS. (Granated, $6 isn't a lot, but every dollar counts)
Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg

I just booked STL/DFW return on 3/26 for $118.60 and the same DFW/AUS both all in.
Both on aa.com

mike
Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:54 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
The latest e-mail from AA...

Exclusive AA.com 10% Discount

This discount offer is valid to/from either Dallas Love Field (service begins March 2, 2006) or Dallas/Fort Worth International. Don't let this opportunity pass you by; save with this exclusive offer today. To receive your 10% discount, just enter your exclusive AA.com Discount Code below:

[...]

Terms & Conditions - 10% Discount Code Offer:
Validity: When used according to its terms, this AA.com Discount Code entitles the user to a one time 10% discount from the applicable published fare when booked and purchased on AA.com between now and March 10, 2006. The discount applies to new reservations for one-way or round-trip** travel on American Airlines published fares. Travel is valid travel between Dallas and Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City or St. Louis. The discount will not be applied to any government or airport-imposed taxes, fees, or charges. The discount will also not apply to surcharges. This offer cannot be combined with any other special offer or discount. Only one AA.com Discount Code may be used per reservation. This AA.com Discount Code is valid for up to six passengers who are ticketed at the same time and are traveling on the same itinerary. It is valid for use on AA.com only and cannot be redeemed by calling American Airlines reservations and cannot be redeemed at American Airlines ticketing locations. This AA.com Discount Code may not be applied to previous reservations, placed on hold or purchased. An AA.com Discount Code is transferable but may not be bartered or sold.

Tickets: Tickets must be purchased on AA.com no later than 11:59 p.m. CST, March 10, 2006. Tickets must be purchased at the time of reservation using a credit card with a billing address in US, PR, VI, CA, UK or select Latin and Caribbean countries. Western Union cash option does not apply.

Travel Period: Travel is permitted on/after March 2, 2006 and must be completed on/before May 26, 2006.

Last edited by LRD; Feb 10, 2006 at 3:00 pm
Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Nice about the discount. Except Q is now $138 for MCI-DFW.... UP 20% compared to $118 this morning.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by ja_user
Nice about the discount. Except Q is now $138 for MCI-DFW.... UP 20% compared to $118 this morning.
Hmmmm.... I have 5 codes and only need to use one. What ethical issues might we be dealing with here?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:07 pm

I'm sure this is a long shot, but if anyone is willing to give up one of their codes for good karma, I could sure use one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.