Wiki Posts
Search

AA-Swiss Code Shares already ended?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
AA-Swiss Code Shares already ended?

I know about Swiss no longer partner but thought that there was a longer time table regarding miles, awards etc.
For example last week there were AA code shares between zrh - ams and a friend booked jfk-ams via zrh ( much more desireable than BA thru LHR or worse lgw, Now it doesnt appear that any AA code shares are avail for any dates Dec on thru ZRH, Called AA agent had no idea just that no flights avail.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
From aa.com:

SWISS Program Participation Is Changing And Eventually Ending

SWISS continues to provide opportunities to earn and redeem AAdvantage miles; however, their participation in the AAdvantage program will be changing over the coming months. See the chart below for details:

March 31, 2006 Earning miles on SWISS transatlantic flights ends, except New York JFK to/from Zurich

October 31, 2006 Earning miles on all SWISS flights worldwide ends, including New York JFK to/from Zurich.

All award travel on SWISS flights must be booked and ticketed.
October 31, 2007 All award travel on SWISS must be completed.
The ZRH-AMS codeshare flight is still listed in the electronic timetable, as are all of the other LX codeshares, and still comes up on the "check schedule" feature of aa.com. But when I try to book a reservation on aa.com on a random date (BOS-ZRH-AMS, both legs of which are AA codeshares of LX metal, on Nov. 4), the flights do not come up; expertflyer shows the flights, but with zero inventory. So perhaps you're right that they're effectively ended: the flights exist, but without any available inventory.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:25 am

There was a discussion back end of july about AA/LX codeshares - perhaps this will help:

End of AA/LX codeshares
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
From aa.com:

The ZRH-AMS codeshare flight is still listed in the electronic timetable, as are all of the other LX codeshares, and still comes up on the "check schedule" feature of aa.com. But when I try to book a reservation on aa.com on a random date (BOS-ZRH-AMS, both legs of which are AA codeshares of LX metal, on Nov. 4), the flights do not come up; expertflyer shows the flights, but with zero inventory. So perhaps you're right that they're effectively ended: the flights exist, but without any available inventory.
if someone booked three days ago and may be already ticketed on a code share that no longer exists I guess that their ticket is still good just that I cant get the same flight as an AA code share and fly thru zrh
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:59 am

Can we still book award travel on LX for JFK-ZRH? Post #2 seems to say that we can book through Oct 2006 (travel by Oct 2007), while post #1 seems to say that you can't??
Old Oct 27, 2005, 9:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by richarddd
Can we still book award travel on LX for JFK-ZRH? Post #2 seems to say that we can book through Oct 2006 (travel by Oct 2007), while post #1 seems to say that you can't??
Why would you pay ANY attention to post #1 in light of post #2?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Why would you pay ANY attention to post #1 in light of post #2?
The question I raised in post 1 had nothing to do with earning miles, award travel etc. I said I was aware of those rules. It solely had to do with aa code shares. (i also read the prior thread which also did not address this)

Simply put, three days ago you could book thru aa.com etc, travel jfk-ams via zrh. now there is no availability at any time, this indicates to me that code shares have now been dropped. So the only route avail is via lhr or lgw both of which are both more expensive and horrible compared to zrh

also what happens to someone already booked on such (aa Code share from zrh in Dec will they be re routed? or is their ticket protected if the code share no longer exists.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nytango
The question I raised in post 1 had nothing to do with earning miles, award travel etc. I said I was aware of those rules. It solely had to do with aa code shares. (i also read the prior thread which also did not address this)

Simply put, three days ago you could book thru aa.com etc, travel jfk-ams via zrh. now there is no availability at any time, this indicates to me that code shares have now been dropped. So the only route avail is via lhr or lgw both of which are both more expensive and horrible compared to zrh

also what happens to someone already booked on such (aa Code share from zrh in Dec will they be re routed? or is their ticket protected if the code share no longer exists.
Yes, I know your issue was different that's why I mentioned to the poster who asked that post #2 clearly contained the info he needed-- not post #1-- which had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

The most cursory of searches shows AA6203 (JFK-ZRH) operating on Jan1, Jan2, Jan3-- and available for purchase.

No idea if the continuation codeshares have been dropped though-- if they have and you're ticketed, AA will simply have to put you on LX flight #'s.

Last edited by JonNYC; Oct 27, 2005 at 10:34 am
Old Oct 27, 2005, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Yes, I know your issue was different that's why I mentioned to the poster who asked that post #2 clearly contained the info he needed-- not post #1-- which had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

The most cursory of searches shows AA6203 (JFK-ZRH) operating on Jan1, Jan2, Jan3-- and available for purchase.

No idea if the continuation codeshares have been dropped though-- if they have and you're ticketed, AA will simply have to put you on LX flight #'s.
Thanks, I agree with you completely. It appears that there is a new post in the original thread which confirms that effective Nov 1 no code share availability from zrh on LX. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...9&page=2&pp=15

The only question left is if you are presently ticketed on an AA code share on LX metal from zrh assuming that aa puts you on lx flight (as you said lx flight #s) do you still get Elite qualifying miles because your ticket is for an AA flight . I would hope so..

Possibly the moderator can combine these threads thanks

Last edited by nytango; Oct 27, 2005 at 5:00 pm
Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nytango
Thanks, I agree with you completely. It appears that there is a new post in the original thread which confirms that effective Nov 1 no code share availability from zrh on LX. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...9&page=2&pp=15

The only question left is if you are presently ticketed on an AA code share on LX metal from zrh assuming that aa puts you on lx flight (as you said lx flight #s) do you still get Elite qualifying miles because your ticket is for an AA flight . I would hope so..
Well, if one is already ticketed, I think one could easily campaign for that (as well as the elite bonus.) However for new purchases going forward, obviously not.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
I just booked with miles a ticket in Business, combo on AA and Swiss. June 1 DFW-MIA-CDG on AA, and the PRG-ZRH-MIA-DFW on Swiss. B/c the original ticket was paper, in coach, and on a different routing, I had to mail in the original ticket (did so today). It will then be reticketed and new paper tickets mailed. I hope this still goes through.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
This morning TLV-ZRH Swiss metal was also announced as an AA and LY codeshare
Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seaskybound
This morning TLV-ZRH Swiss metal was also announced as an AA and LY codeshare
It is not nov 1 yet.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bustraveler
I just booked with miles a ticket in Business, combo on AA and Swiss. June 1 DFW-MIA-CDG on AA, and the PRG-ZRH-MIA-DFW on Swiss. B/c the original ticket was paper, in coach, and on a different routing, I had to mail in the original ticket (did so today). It will then be reticketed and new paper tickets mailed. I hope this still goes through.
What am I missing-- why wouldn't it go through?
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Interesting note. I just bought a ticket JFK-ZRH-VIE-ZRH-JFK outbound 29Oct and returning 2Nov. The paper ticket I have in my hand shows all AA coded flights in H class. I requested (and was confirmed for) a VIP upgrade on the JFK-ZRH. Today when I looked up the res on AA.com the VIE-ZRH flight had been changed to a LX flight number. The segment is still confirmed but for some reason that one flight number (not the ZRH-VIE) was changed from AA codeshare to LX coded. The EXP desk said that AA no longer codeshares on the flight. Nevertheless, expertflyer shows that that return flight can still be AA6250. Apart from no longer getting EQM on that flight I dont really care but what gives? Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.