Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW Lounge Access Question at LAX Airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:58 am
Original Poster

OW Lounge Access Question at LAX Airport

Folks, I am a Plat member and going to Paris via SWISS arline, and then from Paris going to Rome later. I will doing almost the entire routing on SWISS round trip, and this is a coach award ticket.

I read from previous post that I will not have access to SWISS lounges, because access is based on ticket class (First or Business). So I guess, I won't even try. But before leave the US out of LAX airport, I noticed that SWISS Airlines boarding area is near BA and QF Boarding area. Will I be able to go either one of these lounges while waiting for my flight from LAX to Zurich.

Since I have a Admirals Club membership, I know that I will have access to the Admirals club in LAX, but it is not located in the same concourse where SWISS boarding area is.

Thanks for your inputs.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could arrange a "meeting" at the LAX Admirals Club (details on aa.com) or you could buy a refundable AA ticket to gain access to the T-4 LAX AC. Your Swiss flight departs from the TBIT next door to the AA terminal. AFAIK, you won't get into any of the lounges in the TBIT.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:12 am
Original Poster

When I looked at the airport map, it seems that I will need to take a train/shuttle to the terminal where SWISS boarding area is. I have access all admirals clubs, so no issue there with access. I am just trying to be somewhere closer to the SWISS boarding gate as these int'l flight start boarding early sometimes.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Orpheus
When I looked at the airport map, it seems that I will need to take a train/shuttle to the terminal where SWISS boarding area is. I have access all admirals clubs, so no issue there with access. I am just trying to be somewhere closer to the SWISS boarding gate as these int'l flight start boarding early sometimes.
There is no Train or Shuttle at LAX. To use the LAX AA club (if you are inbound AA) other wise u will NOT have access through security as your departure is in another Terminal
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm assuming the OP will be inbound on AS, but that may be an unwarranted assumption.

As I posted before, there are only two ways to get to the LAX AC if you are not inbound on an AA flight (and I listed them).

The OP won't have access to any lounges in the international terminal (if only lounge membership is AC).

And zman is correct, of course.

The LAX Admirals Club is pretty close to the TBIT. No more than a 5 minute walk. But security lines at the TBIT can be hit or miss - I wouldn't wait until the last minute to walk over to the TBIT.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Sicne Swiss is not in Oneworld (close at one time, but not anymore), you do not qualify for using the BA/QF J Class lounge on account of your Oneworld Sapphire (AA PLT) status.

You will be loungeless in TBIT and TBIT is not a place I'd opt to spend a lot of time even with lounge access.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PresRDC
You will be loungeless in TBIT and TBIT is not a place I'd opt to spend a lot of time even with lounge access.

Well said. Nevertheless, I've killed a couple hours plane-watching from the second-floor food court windows while eating mediocre food.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
If you're arriving into T4, just go directly to the Admiral's Club and depart for TBIT when you feel comfortable with respect to your flight time, and if necessary, check-in time with SWISS. Hopefully, you have just one itinerary so you're already checked in for your SWISS flight w/BP in hand when you arrive into T4.

If you're arriving into T3, have a fully refundable ticket purchased or an itinerary printed for a same-day AA flight. You can show that to the "security" person at T3 who will let you take the airside shuttle bus to T4. The one-way T3 to T4 transfer takes 10-15 minutes with a stop and possible bus change at the American Eagle terminal. However, you can remain airside with no unnecessary security checks.

If you're arriving into any other terminal, your best bet is to buy a fully-refundable ticket for an AA flight departing from T4. Address any check-in or luggage issues with SWISS prior to going to the Admirals Club.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
If buying a fully refundable ticket, why not buy one in J or F on BA or QF, and use their lounge. Once inside, use the handy telephone there to call and cancel your ticket. Seems like this would be much handier than schlepping over to T-4 and back.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by gemac
If buying a fully refundable ticket, why not buy one in J or F on BA or QF, and use their lounge.
QF uses the AA lounge in Terminal 4.

The BA lounge is unmemorable, and simply isn't worth making effort to access. IMO.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by gemac
If buying a fully refundable ticket, why not buy one in J or F on BA or QF, and use their lounge. Once inside, use the handy telephone there to call and cancel your ticket. Seems like this would be much handier than schlepping over to T-4 and back.
It would. Just keep in mind that even the BA/QF F lounge is not all that great.

Since the OP is an AC member s/he should not have to go through the trouble of buying a fully refundable ticket. Just call the LAX AC the day before and ask to be put on the security list. They'll tell you where you have to go to clear security. I've done this for friends visiting me at the ORD FL and it worked fine.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Thank Folks for all the feedback. I will actually be flying from Seattle to San Jose, and From San Jose to LAX on American. So, I will transferring to TBIT from the AA terminal, with that said I will just go the Admirals club there and leave for TBIT nearly one hour before the boarding time of my SWISS flight. Thanks all for all the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.