Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA too busy reading... what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:24 am
SST

I agree that you have genuine cause to be irritated, and a reasonable case for compensation. You owe it to yourself, and to our community, to write this up.

Now, a caution: don't expect to receive anything proper apologizing and making you feel better. Get your points or voucher or whatever and be satisfied. Over the years, I've written in on about three similar situations (none so grandly obvious as this one, but each truly wrong and deserving of feedback) and ALWAYS have gotten what was essentially a form-letter reply. I've given up on AA customer relations' efforts. Apparently they only understand money-based compensation.

This is one reason the airlines are in trouble: they really DON'T bother to make even their "best" customers feel better when they genuinely screw up. Instead, you'll get a voucher and a form letter insincerely apologizing, that's it, even if you volunteer to provide additional details or testify at a disciplinary hearing or whatever. In fact, you'll probably get a scolding form letter telling you that their followup is a private matter and mind your own business, if you care to inquire further. (I did this, foolishly, hoping to help out the personnel management staff; they made me feel like an idiot. And I'm not; among other things, I consult on this subject for a (quite decent) living). Never again.

But definitely do write this up. There's no excuse for AA letting a rogue like this stay employed, if your facts are square.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:29 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake
Originally Posted by SST
But definitely do write this up. There's no excuse for AA letting a rogue like this stay employed, if your facts are square.
Very true, as we are only reading one side of the story....

J
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
Please send a letter and explain exactly what happened. Make sure it goes to the highest level possible. You may have to make some phone calls first to find that out. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Originally Posted by Spiff
Send that letter!
Old Oct 23, 2005, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by sandyweb33
Please send a letter and explain exactly what happened. Make sure it goes to the highest level possible. You may have to make some phone calls first to find that out. Good luck and let us know what happens.
After much debate... I re-decided not to make a big deal out of this. Maybe she was having a bad day... maybe she thought i was too young to be in first class...

Whatever her reasons are... i do not wish to cause her any trouble with her employer...

I just wish she would have been more professional and did not treat me like this while pampering the 40+ years old and his wife...

Anyway... I wish her luck, whatever her name is...

Thanks for your replies guys!
Old Oct 23, 2005, 12:17 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I'm glad you can justify the actions of the FA and I'm glad you don't think your money is good enough to receive proper service. I can't. When I pay for a first or business class seat, I pay for the service and not just the seat. I would request compensation between the difference in business class and coach fares (both paid and mileage rewards) and I would ask for the termination of the employee. AA's a brand fighting for survival. Why they continue to employ people like this is beyond me. You do a disservice to everyone that flies - including fellow FAs - by allowing this to continue and not report it.

Last edited by jeffreyt; Oct 23, 2005 at 1:23 pm
Old Oct 23, 2005, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyACN
After much debate... I re-decided not to make a big deal out of this. Maybe she was having a bad day... maybe she thought i was too young to be in first class...

Whatever her reasons are... i do not wish to cause her any trouble with her employer...

I just wish she would have been more professional and did not treat me like this while pampering the 40+ years old and his wife...

Anyway... I wish her luck, whatever her name is...

Thanks for your replies guys!

While I think more people need to adopt an attitude like yours in general, I don't think this is the place for it. By doing nothing, that sends the message to AA that, 1) they are doing a good job, and, 2) to the FA that her behavior was acceptable. Neither of them are true, and all this does is increases the chances that bad FAs will remain in the skies, and that you will end up with another one at some point. Also, I would skip the letter, and make a phone call. As an elite member, they will transfer you right to their customer relations dept. (different than customer service), and those people will take a detailed account of your entire story, to make sure that it doesn't happen again.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I repeat... AA needs to hear about this asap!
Old Oct 23, 2005, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Send that letter!
Old Oct 23, 2005, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
This is really a dumb move. You need to write that letter. I am also 25 and I don't care if the pax is 25 or 95 the service needs to be the same. Don't let this go by the wayside and nut it up and write the letter.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 2:11 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
I hate to jump on a bandwagon late, but this is clearly one of those times when your feelings need to be expressed to AA. I hate the compensation society in which we live, that basically says that anyone wronged in any way should complain and expect to receive something in return. To combat this, people with legitimate complaints hold back from filing legitimately.

Yours is a legitimate beef. You paid for a level of service -- the only differntiation from the front of the bus to the back of the bus, and did not receive it.

Think about it this way...if it were one of your employees that behaved that way, wouldn't you want to know about it?

Stevekoe
Old Oct 23, 2005, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
The way I see it, your age has nothing to do with how one should EXPECT to be treated. I started flying F unaccompanied at 17 - and expect the same level of service today that I did then.

(Okay, less today since all the airlines have clearly dropped their service standards!)

Unless there is a detail you are leaving out of your story, I really can't see a reason you should let this slide.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 2:32 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Please send the letter!

Originally Posted by FlyACN
FlyACN,

It shouldn't matter how old you are, or how young you look, as many posters already mentioned, you paid for the convenience of sitting in First, which the service is suppose to be higher than that of Y class. Obviously, you didn't receive any service.

With a Union, it will be difficult for the company to 'fire' anyone for their lack of service (which I wish would go away), but AA still needs to know that there are lazy S.o.B. F/As out there.

To insure your letter gets to the correct department, here is the address:

Flight Service Administration
Mail Drop 4290 HDQII P.O. Box 619616
Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport, Texas 75261-9616

This goes for everyone who wants to write a letter (Good or Bad) about a Flight Attendant. If you have an actual name, then put it at the top of everything and put C/O in front of Flight Service
Old Oct 23, 2005, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
You don't have to complain about it. You can write the letter as a FYI to AA, just so they know what is happening on their flights. You don't have to ask for compensation, but at least let them know that something bad is happening.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 3:21 pm

I would write the letter. Just maybe, your's in the one that causes management to take their damn blinders off as to the real world on the line and the crAAp that we more frequently get from some/many (not all) AA customer facing employees.
Old Oct 23, 2005, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/ConciergeKey
ok ok... i will be writing a letter. Not asking for anything... just a letter letting them know what happened...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.