Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

777 F seat maps supposed to be accurate for flights 11/1 and beyond...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 F seat maps supposed to be accurate for flights 11/1 and beyond...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by inlanikai
If you are just concerned about sleeping flat, either one will do IMO.
I disagree. The FS gives you privacy as well as a much wider sleeping surface. IMHO, this makes a *huge* different in being able to sleep.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
I disagree. The FS gives you privacy as well as a much wider sleeping surface. IMHO, this makes a *huge* different in being able to sleep.
Also, if you have a window seat and your seatmate in the aisle is sleeping, you are practically trapped unless you are really nimble.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 7:33 pm

I could not agree more with the above posts. I feel that the FS is so far superior to the "coffins" that I regularly go out of my way to get the FS and very recently spent a couple hours in LHR to get a FS seat.....
Old Sep 9, 2005, 11:13 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
THanks for the insight fellas.

From photos, the F/S just looks so cool. I like the 'office cubicle' set up.

The coffins, well, ou're right, just look a bit eerie But in terms of shear sleeping comfort, everyone here still seems to think the cubicle F/S is hte way to go?

any other observations please?

Phoenix
Old Sep 9, 2005, 11:41 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Oh thank g-d... just in time for my '06 travel I have been staying off AA longhaul because of the config switch issue. F suites were never guaranteed before but it was much better than what we have currently. In my experience prior to the current policy; if F suites was shown on a route it was 90% that you'd have that config. I'll be thrilled when they're ALL F suites but it'll be nice to have a modicum of predictability.

Last edited by kanebear; Sep 9, 2005 at 11:43 am
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA: CK/EXP 9MM, DL: DM/Flying Colonel
I'm batting 0% lately. I got stuck in the coffins on AA176 NRT-DFW twice in two weeks earlier this summer and on AA79 LGW-DFW last week.

I feel cheated because I burned VIPOWs on each of these trips to get into the suites only to get stuck with the coffins. Had I known these flights were going to be coffins I would have NEVER wasted the VIPOW. I'm back to NRT next week and I burned VIPOW's each way to get into the suites (I hope). I'm going to be upset if I find I wasted two more VIPOWs on coffins.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:11 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Originally Posted by jayw
I'm batting 0% lately. I got stuck in the coffins on AA176 NRT-DFW twice in two weeks earlier this summer and on AA79 LGW-DFW last week.

I feel cheated because I burned VIPOWs on each of these trips to get into the suites only to get stuck with the coffins. Had I known these flights were going to be coffins I would have NEVER wasted the VIPOW. I'm back to NRT next week and I burned VIPOW's each way to get into the suites (I hope). I'm going to be upset if I find I wasted two more VIPOWs on coffins.
Were you on full fare J tix? If so why not just burn 10k miles for the upgrade to F?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by the phoenix
But in terms of shear sleeping comfort, everyone here still seems to think the cubicle F/S is hte way to go?
That's my view, and the views of others that have posted here. I only recall seeing one post that said the two were the same for sleeping. Myself and the others agree this isn't the case, that the FS is a much nicer experience, even/especially for sleeping.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
thanks for your opinions. I was just concerned b/c the posts suggest that the coffins are almost, unbearable. Truth be told, its my misperception.

I guess I have to see it that the coffins are good but the Fsuites are better. ^ thanks guys, you rock!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.