Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Happened in DFW Yesterday (Sunday)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
What Happened in DFW Yesterday (Sunday)?

AA departure schedule operating exactly one hour late across the board, on a good-weather day. (Did not seem to be restricted to AA, but then I really don't know that). USA Today Flight Tracker showing general airport delay but without the usual explanation.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by jayer
AA departure schedule operating exactly one hour late across the board, on a good-weather day. (Did not seem to be restricted to AA, but then I really don't know that). USA Today Flight Tracker showing general airport delay but without the usual explanation.
Major Thunderstorms hit at approximately 0500-0700 at DFW which caused the trickle down of flight delays.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
It's called CAC or Company Arrival Control. When something happens to throw a wrench in the works such as t-storms earlier in the day, AA can and many times does implement a general 1 hour (or whatever duration) delay for all flights in an entire bank at a hub to acommodate connections.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Marriott Silver
I was on one of the few flights that was right on time. 11:50 to GRR. Security lines were AWFUL though. Probably a GOOD thing for most DFW-originating PAX that most flights were running late. Thank goodness for elite secrity line.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 6:15 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by mwhitted
I was on one of the few flights that was right on time. 11:50 to GRR. ...
OT: Geez, mwhitted, don't you ever get tired of that leg (DFW-GRR)?!??!? Ready for a change?
Are you going to consider TOL instead of GRR in order to claim the double miles special, or is that just too much of a drive?
http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vie...omotionContent
Old Jun 6, 2005, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
I was on the 8:57 to EWR... we were delayed for a bit, our crew was delayed and was swapped out for a really, really great crew than was originally headed to Ontario.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.