Wiki Posts
Search

Pretty pleased with AA's service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Ok, so I'm feeling a lot like CharlesMD right now!

No, I didn't have some bizarre encounter with a foreign-speaking passenger at the ticket counter leading to her arrest. And no, my e-upgrade did not clear three months before departure time. But even without staying at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I was able to book a JFK/LAX roundtrip for $402.90 five days prior to departure, and even though both flights are reasonably full, I did get upgraded 40 hours in advance of my departure (Monday 600pm flight) and 100 hours in advance on my return (Wednesday 315p flight). So I'm feeling like Dr. Charles because I have no real purpose for this thread other than to say I'm pretty pleased with AA right now. Yeah, maybe the food is going to suck (even if Charles would rather have an AA filet than a Spark's filet), and I'll probably get some of the last of the soy nuts, but for $200 each way, I'll be sitting in a reasonably comfortable J seat out to LA and back. AA may not know why we fly, but this is one of my reasons for flying AA.

Last edited by Plato90s; Jun 6, 2005 at 10:15 am Reason: remove FT'er name from thread title
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:09 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
And here I was expecting that your upgrades had cleared well outside the q00 hour window .

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:26 am

Much as I hate to add fuel to the upgrade fire, so to speak, my SEA-DFW-MSY upgrades cleared this morning at 105 and 111 hours, respectively. Quite a switch from the past few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.