Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Make the pillows like the meals and headphones

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:14 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Are these the ones in the blue plastic bags with the eyeshades, toothbrush, toothpaste, socks, and earplugs (but without the Temple Spa products)? If so, this is what we got in BUSINESS on 1/31 DFW-CDG. Was this a fluke or has anyone else received this in international J/F?
I got those kits on J JFK-CDG and CDG-JFK with eyeshade, socks, toothbruch/toothpaste, earplug, and the temple spa products in.

You know, AA was leaving those kits on every single seat rather then just the occupied seats and they should probably collect the ones from empty seats after take off and just sell them in Y. Otherwise, I think some passengers in Y would pick them up on deboarding via J/F and AA would not get any benefits/additional income out of them.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:24 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
I got those kits on J JFK-CDG and CDG-JFK with eyeshade, socks, toothbruch/toothpaste, earplug, and the temple spa products in.

You know, AA was leaving those kits on every single seat rather then just the occupied seats and they should probably collect the ones from empty seats after take off and just sell them in Y. Otherwise, I think some passengers in Y would pick them up on deboarding via J/F and AA would not get any benefits/additional income out of them.
Sorry, Snoopyo, but, given the value of these items, I don't think it's a problem. On my recent flights, I've taken the kleenex from the because it might come in handy. The rest stayed in the seat back pocket in front of me, and anyone was welcome to it. The older, zippered-case, item was very cool...for the case . Very useful after the schlock is removed.

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Snoopyo

It sounds like you got the normal J amenity kit. I got the kit WITHOUT Temple Spa products on my last trip to CDG in J. Everything was in a blue plastic bag instead of a leather/plastic/pleather pouch. I think these might be the ones that they are trying to sell in Y.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
I would consider buying one of the pillows they use on AFS flights in F or J.

But never in a million years would I spend a cent on the trash they call pillows in Y.

AA losing pillows is about the least of my concerns. For all the reasons everyone has already mentioned.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:50 am

Programs: DL, AA, US, UA, VX
If you want to purchase a nice pillow for in-flight, get a "Mogu" pillow. I bought one just before Christmas for an overnight flight to Costa Rica and it saved my life. Okay, maybe it didn't save my life, but it sure helped endure the tedious traveling conditions. It was about $15 at Macy's and it fits just fine in my backpack and still leaves enough room for my toiletries bag, magazines, etc. The airline pillows in coach are pretty worthless any way.

Ciao!
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CharlesMD
Wow, what a great idea, DannyP and another great thread! Good to have you on board!

It's not like this idea wasn't posted when AA dumped pillows from the MD-80s.

What would be do without him?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by DannyP
Ok, so how much can those pillows cost AA new, maybe $5/pillow, maybe less? So, for those of us who forget to bring our own, why not be able to buy one from AA? Then, we get to keep it.

What would stop people from taking them off the flights we still have them on? It would cost more in the long run.

I do think the idea of selling eye maskes and inflatable neck pillows would be good, except I would have to sell them. Therefore, I think it is a terrible idea.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:33 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Originally Posted by brp
Sorry, Snoopyo, but, given the value of these items, I don't think it's a problem. On my recent flights, I've taken the kleenex from the because it might come in handy. The rest stayed in the seat back pocket in front of me, and anyone was welcome to it. The older, zippered-case, item was very cool...for the case . Very useful after the schlock is removed.

Cheers.
brp,

I think the cost of the amenity kits are maybe $10 each but for a company that is loosing money, if say only half of the J seats are taken, the # seat * number of flights can still add to a bit of savings. If AA saves on this, the might not be tempted to take other things we value more out of the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.