Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10K Free Delta Miles - (...Not AA related)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 2:26 pm
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
Why do we come to the FT forums at all? To SHARE INFORMATION.

99.9% of the info on the Delta board I dont care about. You would deny the 10 other posters on this thread who said "thanks," access to the .1% of Delta info that is actually useful?

What did it cost you? One thread view that in the title clearly states that it is not AA related, but contains info on how to get 10K miles on a major carrier? Don't click in next time, and move on.

Give it up, dude. You lost.

Originally Posted by keithguy
Then why have separate forums? Why don't we all post everything on one big massive board?
Old Dec 10, 2004, 2:35 pm
gmc

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Val

99.9% of the info on the Delta board I dont care about. You would deny the 10 other posters on this thread who said "thanks," access to the .1% of Delta info that is actually useful?

What did it cost you? One thread view that in the title clearly states that it is not AA related, but contains info on how to get 10K miles on a major carrier? Don't click in next time, and move on.

Amen. Wow. Thanks.

Yeah, I get annoyed sometimes with the seemingly out-of-place or ridiculous posts...pets vs. children comes to mind lately...but then I have to remember that I CLICKED ON IT! I'm always tempted to add to one of those threads to say, come on guys, let's drop it, but then, if I wanted to drop it, I wouldn't have opened it.

I got my 10K miles, and would not have gotten them otherwise. Topped off my account. So thanks to OP.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 3:57 pm

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Game is now closed
That was quick! I guess they must have given away a million miles.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Closed for me too on Friday night. I missed out.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 8:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

This thread belongs in the DL forum, Milesbuzz forum.. but not AA forum.
Keithguy is right - this doesn't belong here. Sure this might have helped some AA forum readers.. but it still doesn't change that fact that it's improperly cross-posted. Why not cross-post in United, Virgin, and ANA forums..? How about the American Express forum, Women Travelers, and Travel Technology?? It's pretty obvious why.

Originally Posted by Val

Old Dec 10, 2004, 10:31 pm
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
Be sure to move the garbage posts about babies screaming in the cabin, along with all the other nonsense AA forum posts, while you are at it.
I come to flyertalk to find out about useful stuff I wouldnt have seen otherwise.

If you want to be a forum Nazi, I think the Cathay board is still looking for a mod.

Originally Posted by izzik
This thread belongs in the DL forum, Milesbuzz forum.. but not AA forum.
Keithguy is right - this doesn't belong here. Sure this might have helped some AA forum readers.. but it still doesn't change that fact that it's improperly cross-posted. Why not cross-post in United, Virgin, and ANA forums..? How about the American Express forum, Women Travelers, and Travel Technology?? It's pretty obvious why.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 10:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Well, since you're all about sharing information on FT.. let me share this with you -- Airline forums are divided by airline programs. The AA forum deals with American and the DL forum deals with Delta. If you can't figure out why a Delta miles thread doesn't belong in the AA forum, then that's another story.

A "forum Nazi"? How charming.

Originally Posted by Val
Be sure to move the garbage posts about babies screaming in the cabin, along with all the other nonsense AA forum posts, while you are at it.
I come to flyertalk to find out about useful stuff I wouldnt have seen otherwise.

If you want to be a forum Nazi, I think the Cathay board is still looking for a mod.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:15 pm
askworldtraveler

The information is out -

so without making comment or judgement I'm closing the thread - leaving the links- with a reminder to stay on topic and not make the posts personal. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.