Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It pays to double-check your reservations...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
It pays to double-check your reservations...

I recently reserved 4 J-class awards SFO-LAX-ZRH-HAJ (AA and Swiss) in August of next year. The flight departed on a Thurs. and I noticed that the Availability Tool was showing U9 for a Sunday departure, which I thought would be better. A quick phone call to AA and the agent had me switched. Almost too easy.

After hanging up I figure I better check the reservation online. I pull it up on AA.com and sure enough, I'm departing on Sunday, but only for the SFO-LAX segment. The LAX-ZRH segment did not depart until Monday! I would have to spend a night in LA if I hadn't caught this. I called AA again and it turns out there was no availability on the LAX-ZRH segment that day (in fact, I don't think Swiss flies that nonstop on Sundays so I'm not sure what exactly was going on with the Availability Tool), so I had the whole thing moved to Monday.

Bottom line: double-check those reservations! (Of course I probably preaching to the choir here )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.