Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:40 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by honu
Still waiting too, for consumerinfo points that were supposed to post on Fri, following emails to ebay CS. Will post again as soon as the points appear in mr.honu acct. I'm wondering if we should bother with Sharebuilder. It seems like most people haven't received their points lately. Is that right?
I got my points almost exactly when they said I would get them - about 2 weeks after executing my first trade. I think that it is just frustrating for a lot of people who see other points post much quicker and feel like they're stuck waiting forever on this.

Try calling them for an update on your points. They have great customer service.

EDIT: I was referring to ShareBuilder there in case that was at all ambiguous. I hade no problems with consumerinfo other than an incredibly hard sell when cancelling adn my points for that posted in a normal amount of time (under a week).

peace,
~Ben~

Last edited by seoulmanjr; Jun 6, 2004 at 10:43 pm
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:04 am

Steph58, many thanks. Worked like a charm!
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:10 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I finally got my NY Times points. They took about a month to post, so it would probably be too late now for anyone to try to get them by subscribing. Entertainment subscription points posted today. I signed up on Friday.

BTW, I'm still waiting for my FTD points from April 29.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hertz PC, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Has anyone actually received points yet for signing up for the online version of Entertainment? Please post when you do.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:22 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by timetotravel
Has anyone actually received points yet for signing up for the online version of Entertainment? Please post when you do.
I received them the very next day for signing up for the online monthly subscription. I'm going to grab a bunch of coupons to print and then call to cancel.

Now the only problem is that I only have 950 ebay anything points sitting in the account and I can't transfer it out for the double bonus until I get at least 1074 in there... Anybody have thoughts on this? I've been waiting for those FTD points forever like everyone else in here and hope that they post in time, but that failing, what's the cheapest way to get those extra 124 anything points? A priceline booking?

I've already done pretty much every anything points offer out there that I can qualify for and then cancel.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Entertainment book points posted 2 days after order placed. This was for the physical book.

Where are my ftd.com points???
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
I received them the very next day for signing up for the online monthly subscription. I'm going to grab a bunch of coupons to print and then call to cancel.

Now the only problem is that I only have 950 ebay anything points sitting in the account and I can't transfer it out for the double bonus until I get at least 1074 in there... Anybody have thoughts on this? I've been waiting for those FTD points forever like everyone else in here and hope that they post in time, but that failing, what's the cheapest way to get those extra 124 anything points? A priceline booking?

I've already done pretty much every anything points offer out there that I can qualify for and then cancel.

peace,
~Ben~
"buy" something on ebay
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2mm), SPG Gold

peace,
~Ben~
seoulmanjr-

You can also considering buying something on ebay from a seller offering anything points. I looked briefly & it looks like 3 points per dollar spent is the going rate, Your needed 124 points would cost you $42. You can search for ebay sellers offering points via the anything points site.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier, *Wood, Marriott Silver Elite

peace,
~Ben~
I thought the minimum u need was 500 ebay points to transfer and get double points. I am not sure if this was changed by ebay in the last couple of weeks.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2mm), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by asiaFT
I thought the minimum u need was 500 ebay points to transfer and get double points. I am not sure if this was changed by ebay in the last couple of weeks.
From burgerwars earlier post: "The bonuses shows up in your AA account.
Just make sure your transfer is equal to 500 or more miles (about 1,075 Anything Points) before the bonus, or you won't get it".
Old Jun 7, 2004, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Originally Posted by asiaFT
Take my word on this, your transaction must equal at least 500 AA miles (1,074 Anything Points) or you won't get the double bonus.

My first transaction I did when this thing started was transfering 1,000 eBay points I earned from Premier Health Plus. That got me 465 AA miles with no bonus. Since then I've made sure all transactions equaled at least 500 AA miles, and all have received the bonus.

So don't mess up like I did!
Old Jun 7, 2004, 4:08 pm

My NY Times points posted within 2 or 3 days of the order, for the person who was wondering how long it took. The Sharebuilder took a bit longer to do, maybe a week or so after the transaction. I transferred everything out today.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by wheresTWA
You can also considering buying something on ebay from a seller offering anything points. I looked briefly & it looks like 3 points per dollar spent is the going rate, Your needed 124 points would cost you $42. You can search for ebay sellers offering points via the anything points site.
I was going to just buy $45 worth of Kelloggs certs from someone on eBay, but the funny thing is that with all of the people out there on eBay selling their Kelloggs certificates, upgrades, etc, not a single one of them offer anything points.. Go figure.

I suppose I could find something that I need, but instead I think I'm going to just hook up some priceline goodness for my rental car from IAH next weekend. Anyone have a good suggestion on a Houston (med center area) hotel on priceline?

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jun 7, 2004, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
my new york times posted in normal time. Then I cancelled the service saying I was not going to be moving to the new address for which I had set it up in June. But today I got this email, to which I quickly replied reminding them I cancelled and to not change my card!

anyone else get this? Could just be crossed communications so I guess it will work itself out:

--- [email protected] wrote:
>
>
> Dear Reader
>
> Thank you for subscribing to The New York Times
> print edition through the
> Internet. We hope you will enjoy the
> comprehensive news coverage, useful
> insights, and sheer entertainment that the
> nations most honored newspaper brings
> you, along with the convenience of home
> delivery. Your service will start on
> 06/06/04.
>
> If you have any questions about your service,
> please call Customer Care at
> 1-800-NYTIMES (1-800-698-4637). Our Customer
> Care Representatives are available
> every day from 5 AM to 12 Midnight ET.
>
> If you wish to suspend your delivery when you
> are out of town, please give us
> two days notice. More advance notice is needed
> in a few areas, so please notify
> us as early as possible. If you have do not
> receive your paper on a particular
> day, kindly call us by 10:00 AM that day. You
> can speak with a Customer Care
> Representative or use our automated system to
> record these transactions at our
> toll free number.
>
> You can also suspend service and enter missed
> copies, as well as view your
> recent invoices and perform many other
> transactions, on-line by visiting
> www.homedelivery.nytimes.com. You will be
> required to register to use the
> Customer Care portion of the site. Passwords
> are available two days after your
> start date. To obtain your start-up password
> and instructions, please e-mail us
> at [email protected] with PASSWORD on the
> subject line. Kindly provide us with
> your complete name, address, and telephone
> number in the e-mail and use the same
> e-mail address as the one given when you
> started the account. You may also
> obtain your start-up password by calling
> Customer Care at 1-800-NYTIMES and
> pressing option 5.
>
> You will be billed four weeks in advance for
> each billing cycle. If you prefer,
> you can choose to billed in advance in 13, 26,
> or 52 week intervals as well.
> Subscription payments can be made by check or
> money order. We also offer
> automatic payments to your credit card or
> checking account. We accept
> MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners
> Club, and Discover. All
> subscriptions are automatically renewed unless
> we are notified.
>
> We appreciate your interest in The New York
> Times and hope you enjoy your
> subscription.
>
>
> Sincerely
>
> The New York Times
> Home Delivery Web Support
>
>
>
Old Jun 7, 2004, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I have written to FTD to get my points--I hope!

concerning FTD...

I decided to beg. The hope is that we get these ontime. I left 1500 of my 3k NYtimes posted points so that when FTD comes thru, I would be able to combine and transfer on time, and have enough to do so before the deadline of June 30... before Iraq becomes its own country--er... mess.

Aaaaaanyway, here is what I wrote using the online sender thingy found at FTD.com's customer service links on thier site. I printed a copy for myself too, as should you. I tweaked my story a bit to make it work for them. I am hoping this works:

Dear FTD, I ordered the golf key ring for my brother in TX and I guess he got it by now (I have not spoken with him lately) but the reason I am writing this is because now I am wondering about POINTS that I should be earning for this purchase. I realize these can take some time to post but that is possibly going to be a problem. Firstly, I think with computers these days, the points should post a lot faster than the std. 6-8 weeks. I do wonder happens to these points anyway... do they have to walk over to peoples' points and miles accounts at a snail's pace? Seems rather strange. Well, many have wondered these but I figured I would send this not eto ask you for help.

Therefore, I am wondering if you can post them manually for me and kindly do the same for many other concerned people in my situation. They are surely emailing you as well.

What points do I refer to exactly, you ask? Well, many of us points and miles lovers out there saw a great deal on a web site called ebay anything points. (http://anythingpoints.ebay.com) and before, during and just following Mother's Day, FTD was offering 1,000 of these wonderful points for purchases made at FTD.com via that web site's internet portal. So I, like many, took advantage of the offer. Why? Because currently, when you receive ebay anything points you can convert them to airline miles and I need those right now. It turns out that until June 30, everything you earn gets doubled and then another bonus is added to that. For me, it would end up yeilding just about 2,100 airline miles on the very carrier that can--you guessed it--take me to see my brother in Texas!!! I need just enough miles to fly there and if these post in time, I can go. The airline is holding my space. If they fail to post, I have to pay. It all hinges on your points! I planned it when I bought his gift so that is what I am expecting, but the issue at hand is time...

'Time is moving toward June 30. That deadline will sink me if I cannot have your points ontime. I wont be able to convert them and then I am going to have to spend more money. Please dont make me have to do that. I usually try to save and just like anyone, I plan around the way I earn other points and miles in my busy life. Like many people doing what marketers like yourselves so kindly offer, I sign up for offers based on not only the products but also the incentives hoped for.

So yeah, I understand things take time but can you pllllease hurry on the 6-8 week thing? I am hoping mine would come in at the 6th week at the very latest, which would be just during the last week of June, but sooner would realy be helpful. Other sites that sell things that earn points for me post a lot faster. I like FTD but if yours cannot do that I would try something else next time. I would rather stick with you though so please try to help me and post the 1000 ebay anything points to my account quickly/mannually. IF you wish, I can fax you everything on this as I have printed and saved it all. My credit card was billed and ends in xxxx (MC) and the ebay anything points account in my name is:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you!

...and thanks for anything you can do this one time for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.