Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (consolidated 2012-2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (consolidated 2012-2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
I am very curious to see how the B6 product plays out. It looks like an amazing hard product, assuming we believe what they've said about the quality of materials and padding etc. Their layout of the 321T really seems like the ideal configuration.

There is no way B6 will be competitive with soft product and ground services. No lounges, etc. I don't even think they are claiming the food with be an F product. But the seats should be pretty impressive. And the suites are unique.
Im more than curious enough to buy a $599 ow ticket
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by hillrider
B6 is not selling F, but a J product (and it's coded that way in the GDS). Yet even so, while they don't have lounges and we don't know how they are going to execute premium check-in and security lines, they have definitely set the expectations up to have solid onboard soft product, including food (and B6 flight attendants are much more consistent in their service than AA's):
Source: http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....cle&ID=1859952

[Edited to add] Jaunted has the full scoop on the actual service with pictures at http://www.jaunted.com/story/2013/10...Full+Food+Menu. It will be 100% dine on demand, when you want, as often as you want and yes, they will have an espresso machine onboard! ^
Hey great hadn't seen the food before but more seriously if I can pick 5 then it would be 4 sliders and then one dessert + drinks! The rest look to foo foo shee shee for me.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Got the chance to experience both J and F on the new 321T yesterday.
The first flight was in J...AA #33 JFK - LAX. Couldn't complain about a thing. The service was outstanding from start to finish. I found the food and presentation to be a step above the normal domestic food offerings. The seat was very comfortable and if you're sitting in a window and need to get up there is plenty of room to pass in front of the person next to you. Will be flying this again very soon.
Second flight was in F...AA #256 LAX - JFK. I read in a previous post about some catering mishaps on these flights and unfortunately it happened on this flight as well. The inbound was about 30 minutes late so everyone was rushing to get out on time, but catering had forgotten to include glassware and silverware for first so we had to wait while catering searched around for the missing items. Sadly no PDB of any kind. Once airborne the 2 flight attendants couldn't seem to shake the catering issues as they were constantly forgetting or missing things...All with a pleasant smile though. I actually found the J seat to be far more comfortable despite the nice solo privacy of the F seat. Service was attentive and friendly...however one flight attendant spoke incredibly loudly in the galley while we were descending, so loudly in fact I heard about her last divorce and how she dealt it. Lol.
Overall I was impressed, but from the sounds of it LAX needs to get their catering issues sorted out.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I've been lucky on these flights. 5 segments so far and all 5 have been upgraded. My boss hasn't had as good luck though between NY-LA-NY. Must be because my trips have been around weekend travel.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
I have four left on this plane for the month, two paid premium, two Y. One of my Y flights is a Monday morning flight, which is looking like a no-go right now. I'm using a SWU which may give me a slight edge, but it's close to full in J and even half full in F, so really tricky. My other one is a Saturday evening on a B fare, that looks easy. I'd say your observation is pretty much correct.

It's not entirely unexpected. I did Saturday night SFO-JFK red-eyes less than 2/3 full in J on the 762s, before they took the flight out completely. I don't think anyone is going to be too surprised this is how it's playing out. Even with close to half the capacity in Y on the new planes, fares are obviously high and even in Y there's going to be a high-ish percentage of elite travelers relative to the 762. When J and F sell decently, upgrades will be tough.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by brc757rr
I actually found the J seat to be far more comfortable despite the nice solo privacy of the F seat.
Wow this is surprising. Does anyone else share this view ?

In fact I don't even think I've ever heard of J being more comfortable than F on any airline on the same aircraft E.g, SQ 77W J might be better than an older style 772 regional F but on the same airline and same aircraft, usually F is always better.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I agree. I recently flew F going and J returning. I much prefer the J seat. In fact I changed an award F reservation for next year from F to J after that experience.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Nizar
Wow this is surprising. Does anyone else share this view ?

In fact I don't even think I've ever heard of J being more comfortable than F on any airline on the same aircraft E.g, SQ 77W J might be better than an older style 772 regional F but on the same airline and same aircraft, usually F is always better.
Quite a few folk do. I don't, but keep in mind that what you have here are two international J seats, basically. The one AA uses in J is set up to NOT have all aisle access and allows for a layout four across on a single aisle jet. The seat is also normally much more open. The one AA uses in F is far more private, but has a couple of shortcomings itself, associated with the general layout of the seat as well as with the specific implementation used on the 32Bs.

For me the privacy of the seat and cabin wins over everything else here. I'm sure that is the thinking, is that the target for this product, be it entertainment personality or CxO, will value the privacy of this layout over everything else. There is no real seclusion to the J cabin, in the F cabin you kinda have to lean into the seat to see and communicate with people there.

EDIT: I am NOT a typical target for the seat
Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
have recently done a LAX - JFK return on the 321T and very much enjoyed it.

very private, good service (there were only 5 / 6 of us on the flights I was on) and I liked the seat both for watching films, eating and sleeping.

a few pics in case others are curious:

Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Plat
surprised people prefer J seat to F seat. you get quite a bit more personal space in F and its obviously much more private. hoping to keep my Y-less streak on these birds going later this month...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:53 am

Was looking around at some MIA-LAS flights and noticed a 32B two-class configuration on the first flight of the day (#1375). Looks like it will start on September 1st.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Bachovas
Was looking around at some MIA-LAS flights and noticed a 32B two-class configuration on the first flight of the day (#1375). Looks like it will start on September 1st.
That trip will most likely be on the A321s. The A321t is exclusively transcon, 3 class service.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Bachovas
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-schedule.html
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:42 am
Suspended

Change in allocation of in-advance milesAAver being reported:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....nscon-flights/

Another not-so-positive sign for the longevity of this configuration.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Change in allocation of in-advance milesAAver being reported:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....nscon-flights/

Another not-so-positive sign for the longevity of this configuration.
Funny, I'd bet he saw it on my blog first...
http://lenticulartravel.com/book-first-class-on-a321t/

I'm in NY right now and was going through all the options - I noticed
Tue and Sat availability a couple of days ago.

Unfortunately as I mentioned that several time in my post, I agree with JonNYC,
it's probably gonna be gone soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.