Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the current thread can be read and posted to here.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
the "Go" button to submit your request is smaller than the "Start Over" button
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I actually submitted a bug report about this a few years ago. They replied that the site is "behaving as designed" or some such nonsense. Obviously it is the design about which I was complaining! Oh well.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:03 pm

No free booze and not enough meals at Admirals Clubs

If I can complain about American Admiral Clubs it would be that there is no free booze at the clubs. Why pay $400+ for a membership with AA when you can go to US Airways, Delta Clubs, Continental Presidents clubs and Alaska Boardrooms and they offer free booze? I have PriorityPass and I'm not stuck to one airline lounge. Even if you have house wines and beers/mixers free and charge for Premium then do it but my god paying $7 for a glass of wine on top of the $50 fee let alone yearly fee is asking too much.

Also why not offer free soup,salad, oatmeal etc and then you can pay for premium food options.

Wake up AAngles and add more benefits to your lounges like free WiFI for all.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:08 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by danielonn
If I can complain about American Admiral Clubs it would be that there is no free booze at the clubs.
Well, this doesn't even qualify as a "least substantive" complaint since it isn't even valid- the AC serves free booze. Can't really say what this qualifies as, though

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
If I can complain about American Admiral Clubs it would be that there is no free booze at the clubs. Why pay $400+ for a membership with AA when you can go to US Airways, Delta Clubs, Continental Presidents clubs and Alaska Boardrooms and they offer free booze? I have PriorityPass and I'm not stuck to one airline lounge. Even if you have house wines and beers/mixers free and charge for Premium then do it but my god paying $7 for a glass of wine on top of the $50 fee let alone yearly fee is asking too much.

Also why not offer free soup,salad, oatmeal etc and then you can pay for premium food options.

Wake up AAngles and add more benefits to your lounges like free WiFI for all.
Is your issue with not understanding there is free booze in the club, or they charge you for the better booze. If they didn't charge for the better booze, what would be the purpose of even having the free no so good stuff? Or is the point really about how AA never informed you about the free booze that IS offered?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
My complaint is there was a weather issue, AA canceled my flight, and ruined my honeymoon. Why can't they simply automatically rebook everyone on the remaining flights of the day. Surely they all have plenty of empty seats.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
My complaint is there was a weather issue, AA canceled my flight, and ruined my honeymoon. Why can't they simply automatically rebook everyone on the remaining flights of the day. Surely they all have plenty of empty seats.
Were you headed for Hawaii?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
there is no free booze at the clubs.
My complaint is that there IS booze at the clubs, free or not free.

I don't drink alcohol. Why should I have to endure people asking me if I want some?

That's a good reason to eschew First for Coach. No annoying flight attendants handing me disgusting champagne.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Did they make your wife cry? If so, you should get extra bonus miles.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ding, Ding, Ding! I believe we have a winner!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:53 pm

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I'll bet they didn't give you more than an hour's notice of the cancellation either. Clearly complaint- and compensation-worthy.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
When I am on an old CRJ instead of the next-gen ones, I prefer the interior LED lighting.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
On my flight this morning the whole plane was full of yokels, the seats looked like they were sewn together out of cowboy boots, and a general stench of abject despair hung in the 737's rarefied atmosphere.

Wait, this is the Southwest forum, right?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
My complaint is that there IS booze at the clubs, free or not free.

I don't drink alcohol. Why should I have to endure people asking me if I want some?

That's a good reason to eschew First for Coach. No annoying flight attendants handing me disgusting champagne.
Don't drink alcohol, don't watch TV...what do you do?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:50 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
Don't drink alcohol, don't watch TV...what do you do?
Become very AdamAnt about one's beliefs, that's what

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:54 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moaning about departure statistics - it's arrival statics that matter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.