Wiki Posts
Search

Accessing upgrade/standby list without checking in

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Accessing upgrade/standby list without checking in

I have several flights tomorrow on the same PNR - BNA-DFW-LAX-MIA-GRU. I cannot check in because of the flight to GRU, because they have to check my docs at the airport. As a result, I cannot see the upgrade list for BNA-DFW-LAX from the app. Is there any other way I can view it?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:46 am

Last edited by Geauxtigers; Aug 14, 2016 at 10:52 pm
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
If you're not checked in, you won't see yourself on the upgrade list even at T-4.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:00 am

I have been able to view the upgrade list for any flight from the app at T-4. All it takes is checking the flight status.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Is there a way to view both Upgrade and Standby lists? As an EXP, I can usually only see the U/G list.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grrizzli
If you're not checked in, you won't see yourself on the upgrade list even at T-4.
Originally Posted by ShortDog
I have been able to view the upgrade list for any flight from the app at T-4. All it takes is checking the flight status.
So do I need to be checked in, or not? I rarely (if ever) don't check in ASAP, so I don't have any experience with seeing/not seeing the upgrade list without being checked in.

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Is there a way to view both Upgrade and Standby lists? As an EXP, I can usually only see the U/G list.
I can usually see the standby list as well as the upgrade list.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I believe you have to be on the flight to see the standby list but anybody can view the upgrade list for any flight within 4 hours of departure time. I believe.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ESpen36
I believe you have to be on the flight to see the standby list but anybody can view the upgrade list for any flight within 4 hours of departure time. I believe.
Thanks! This is just the info I was looking for.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vhrum
I have several flights tomorrow on the same PNR - BNA-DFW-LAX-MIA-GRU. I cannot check in because of the flight to GRU, because they have to check my docs at the airport. As a result, I cannot see the upgrade list for BNA-DFW-LAX from the app. Is there any other way I can view it?
No. Even if there's a way to see the upgrade list on another passenger's AA app travelling on the same flight at T-4, the upgrade list will be incorrect because it will omit you. Only when you check in at the airport you'll see your name show up on the upgrade list at the proper position (assuming everyone else on the flight has already checked in).
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
Originally Posted by vhrum

Wow!! You have a looonngg day and night ahead!!, especially if not upgraded.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
aa.com has recently been changed that anyone can view the Upgrade list to any flight at T-4, similar to the US website. From time to time I will track my a/c from the morning and on Flight Status see the Upgrade List although I am not on that flight.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
aa.com has recently been changed that anyone can view the Upgrade list to any flight at T-4, similar to the US website. From time to time I will track my a/c from the morning and on Flight Status see the Upgrade List although I am not on that flight.
It's not even that recent. I've been doing it for over a year. (On the app, not on aa.com.)

Last edited by vasantn; Sep 20, 2015 at 7:03 am Reason: Correction thanks to Stripe
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
aa.com? Don't you mean the AA app?

Unlike UA and DL, AA has not seen fit to let you see the upgrade list on the website as far as I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.