Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA105 LHR-JFK on 2 Sept: Lounge access with expired status? Chance of op up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold

Hi,

I was OW sapphire (through CX) and my status expired in the end of July. When I booked my LHR-JFK flight <AA 105> (departing tomorrow), I still had the status and it enabled me to chose MCE.

Today I checked in, my pre-assigned MCE seat was still available and the boarding pass still shows that I'm OW sapphire besides the status expired in July.

Questions:

1) When going through check points (eg lounge), will it still appear as Sapphire, granting me access ?

2) All (normal) economy seats and preferred seating seats were showing as occupied on OLCI, To maximize my op-up chances ( I was offered a pug so c should be relatively empty), when should I switch my FF number to my AAdvantage (or BA, which one is preferred?) number?

<also>

On OLCI there were no regular economy seats available and very few MCE seats available

I was also offered a PUG so C should be relatively empty

Is it possible for someone to check the flight load for all cabins and upgrade list?

Thanks

Last edited by Microwave; Sep 1, 2015 at 11:18 am Reason: Cobbled together two posts relating to the same flight
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should pay the $500 to sit in Business class or look for the poor-man's business class - a row of five economy seats in the back on which you can stretch out and sleep.

An op-up ain't going to happen. That would happen only if the flight were oversold (and it's not).
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
This thread has been merged from two nearly simultaneously created threads regarding the exact same flight.

It has also been moved to the AA (pre-consolidated) forum, as AA and US remain operating as separate airlines until October 17.

OP, please confine your discussion of this flight to this thread, posting multiple times on the same basic subject is disruptive and is not permitted by FlyerTalk Rules.

~Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 1, 2015 at 9:47 pm Reason: Add to mod note
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
AA would upgrade all of its elites before offering any op-ups and that only happens if Y is massively oversold, so dont hedge your bets on it.

When you go to the lounge they will scan the BP. If it displays the up to date information they'll see you're not sapphire and deny you access. You can try and argue it hey it says sapphire on my BP but then they might ask for your marco polo card.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
AA would upgrade all of its elites before offering any op-ups and that only happens if Y is massively oversold, so dont hedge your bets on it.

When you go to the lounge they will scan the BP. If it displays the up to date information they'll see you're not sapphire and deny you access. You can try and argue it hey it says sapphire on my BP but then they might ask for your marco polo card.
Additionally, this forum is not about how to violate rules and policies.
If a passenger doesn't have a qualifying ticket or the correct elite staus, they should not attempt to enter the lounge, no matter what status shows on their BP, unless they are willing to pay for lounge access. To

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.