Search

Recover Ticket Credit Without Ticket #

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Recover Ticket Credit Without Ticket #

Grateful for any help.

I cancelled two itineraries in May that left residual value on the ticket after fees were applied. I called to make a new booking yesterday and apply the value, but could only locate the ticket number for one of the itineraries, (which was duly applied to my new booking.) For the old one, I only have the now-inactive PNR, and can't locate the ticket number data from old emails, cc statements, or anything else I've tried. AA said they couldn't help.

Is there somewhere to retrieve the ticket number using the historical PNR?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BA4EVER
Grateful for any help.

I cancelled two itineraries in May that left residual value on the ticket after fees were applied. I called to make a new booking yesterday and apply the value, but could only locate the ticket number for one of the itineraries, (which was duly applied to my new booking.) For the old one, I only have the now-inactive PNR, and can't locate the ticket number data from old emails, cc statements, or anything else I've tried. AA said they couldn't help.

The PNR is dead shortly after you use it and can be immediately recycled to another passenger. The PNR is only helpful for use in searching your computer, email accounts, etc as it is pretty unique. If you don't find it via your searches, you've likely lost it.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Grateful for any help.

Check your credit card statements Some companies show the ticket number.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Try your credit card bills

My american express bills show me the itinerary and ticket numbers for all my tickets going back to January at least. I don't know if this is just an Amex thing or if all credit card companies provide this much information.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Grateful for any help.

Check your credit card statements Some companies show the ticket number.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
The sad part is that on AA you used to be able to pull up every unused ticket of yours by supplying the credit card number , when this feature disappeared the res agents were not happy about it, one even said that person who changed it got fired...I figure they probably promoted that person because they now had quite a bit of extra revenue that would revert to them after 12 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.