Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: MAD / Madrid Barajas oneworld and Iberia Lounges (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2015, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of old and obsolete posts about the Iberia / oneworld lounges at MAD / Madrid Barajas International Airport. Please follow the discussion in MAD / Madrid Barajas Int'l. Airport Iberia / oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Thank you,

AA Fora Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2007, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

I have a 5 hour layover in Barajas on October 8 and I am just a regular member with 86k miles. my question is - what chances do i have of trying to get into the aa or iberia airlines lounge while i'm there? i am flying iberia. my wife probably has a bit more miles than me and may be

i also have a diners club card, which apparently allows me access to T4S - sala amnios or sala la Revoltosa.

does anyone have experience with these lounges?

Last edited by JDiver; May 17, 2015 at 1:13 pm Reason: Restore post
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT; 1MM
The main Iberia lounges at Barajas are Sala Velázquez, Sala Goya and Sala Dalí. Normally you would need to be an AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum to enter these lounges, or be traveling in Business or BusinessPlus on Iberia. The number of miles in your account doesn't matter and they don't have 'day passes' for sale like they do at most Admirals Clubs. There's a link here:

http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/pr...cfkmdfhmdfno.0,

Originally Posted by Moderator
which states, via a link:

The three VIP lounges account for a total of 4,500m2 at the complete disposal of our clients.
The lounges have been designed to let you rest, work and enjoy yourself, offering internet connection, WI-FI or ADSL, meeting rooms, or computer equipment.
These facilities are complemented by new value-added services including the on-screen flight information system, the dining service for intercontinental flights, the wine-tasting area, the shower facilities, and the areas for relaxation in each of the lounges.

There is one VIP lounge in T4:

* The DALÍ lounge . is located on Level 2. This lounge is to be found just after the security controls (both the conventional or Shuttle service controls).
It has been designed for passengers on domestic flights, Puente Aéreo or flying to Schengen destinations.

There are two VIP lounges in T4S:

* The VELÁZQUEZ lounge is in the central area on Level 1, beyond the shops and restaurants.
It is for international, non-Schengen, passengers

* The GOYA is on Level 0, beyond the lift doors on the right-hand side (near gates S).
It is for passengers on Schengen and domestic flights that operate from T4S

As mentioned herein, there is no Arrivals Lounge at MAD.

For recent renovation and \changes information, see this post.
The lounges you mention might be the other ones there run by the Spanish airport authority, AENA. I have seen signs at Barajas for 'Sala VIP AENA'. I have no idea how they work or whether or not the Diners Club is accepted as entry.

Last edited by JDiver; May 17, 2015 at 1:15 pm Reason: Restore post
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by ltjbukem
I have a 5 hour layover in Barajas on October 8 and I am just a regular member with 86k miles. my question is - what chances do i have of trying to get into the aa or iberia airlines lounge while i'm there? i am flying iberia. my wife probably has a bit more miles than me and may be

i also have a diners club card, which apparently allows me access to T4S - sala amnios or sala la Revoltosa.

does anyone have experience with these lounges?
Pretty much none. Unless you are flying Business or First class, in which case you should get access to the IB lounge. Since you don't have elite status on either airline, you won't be able to get in like that. And I don't think Iberia sells day passes. Sorry!

Oh, and welcome to Flyertalk!

Edited to add: what is considered the best oneworld J lounge in Madrid? I'll be going through on IB in December.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, season pass holder to all the places the kids want to go
Hi ltjbukem, welcome to Flyertalk!

Assuming you're not flying in business class, I wouldn't count on admittance to the Iberia lounge.

As for the Diners Club lounge in MAD, I popped my head in there erroneously when I was looking for the Iberia lounge, and it looked very large and pleasant (at least from the lobby area!) At least with regard to amount of space, chairs, etc, it looked like a perfectly pleasant space in which to spend a few hours.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the replies so far...
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Barajas is not a bad airport to spend time in, even without louge access (I mean T4 and T4S, though I hear the old terminals 1,2,3 have improived also).
Lots of shops with good variety and not extravagant prices, plus several pleasant places for a bite and a drink. I recommend the "Taperías" in T4 and T4S where little portions, sandwiches and a glass of good dry white will only set you back a few euros. You can also buy your own picnic at the duty free food stores (T4 is best) and sit anywhere. Nobody will prevent you from unwrapping and opening it though it is technically illegal as in "for export only".

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 19, 2009 at 6:00 am Reason: correct information
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM
What about an EXP with a guest?

I'll be flying VCE-MAD-ORD on Iberia. I know I can get in their lounges as an EXP. I'll be travelling with two other people. Can I bring in one guest? Two?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by John Brock
I'll be flying VCE-MAD-ORD on Iberia. I know I can get in their lounges as an EXP. I'll be travelling with two other people. Can I bring in one guest? Two?
You can certainly bring 1 in as a guest. That is the stated benefit. If you are lucky, you may be able to get the 2nd person in - really depends on the mood of whoever is working the entrance.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by John Brock
I've never had any problem having two people accompanying me into the MAD lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
I was recently in that airport and I had no problem guesting in two girls that I had met in the airport. The agents at the desk were very friendly. I don't think you will have problems if you are EXP.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Lounge access for me at MAD?

I have a decent layover both ways, flying on a 100k Business ticket, I'm a Platinum, do not belong to AC, what are my options; AA put me on Iberia from ORD to AMS.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 19, 2009 at 6:03 am Reason: restore after merge
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:37 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmandrew
I have a decent layover both ways, flying on a 100k Business ticket, I'm a Platinum, do not belong to AC, what are my options; AA put me on Iberia from ORD to AMS.
There are very nice IB lounges available to you.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

You will have access to IB's Dali lounge at Barajas T4, the terminal were IB's Schengen flights depart from. Note, your transatlantic flight will arrive at T4S, the satellite terminal, so you need to follow signs for flight connections over to the main terminal building.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Exp, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Plat
Ditto...on the business ticket and for being a PLAT, you can use any of the Iberia lounges at MAD--free drinks, light food/snacks. When are you going?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by kmandrew

I flew IB in Y last week from MAD-FRA. The gentlemen at the desk barely glanced at my PLT card. The lounge in terminal 4 was nice. Bright and airy. Free booze and soft drinks, sandwiches, light snack foods.

I took my 11 year old in and left my wife with the other kids. (When traveling we rotate which kid get to go in, wife hasn't been in yet) After hearing my daughter rave about the free food all of a sudden a light went on in Mrs. Gamecock's head about the bennies of status. (I've only been a PLT since December)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.