Wiki Posts
Search

Benefit of checking in at home [OLCI]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
Since OP doesn't seem to have status, I believe boarding group number is based on checkin time.
No.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
If I print BP at home I can see if I got TSA Pre Check. If not then I can get agent to reissue BP and maybe get access to Pre Check lane.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by pssteve
If I print BP at home I can see if I got TSA Pre Check. If not then I can get agent to reissue BP and maybe get access to Pre Check lane.
+1
And knowing if I have PreCheck determines when I leave for the airport
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by pssteve
I do OLCI and use the mobile BP, almost exclusively.

But I will say, it's worth not having to worry whether or not I'll have PreCheck - signing up for GE was the single best thing I have done to improve my travel experience (so much better than the 60%-70% success rate I had with the FF version through AA). Plus, I get PreCheck when I fly WN or UA.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Even when you have a Trusted Traveler number the airline IT sometimes messes up and it doesn't appear on your BP. In these cases you have to get it reprinted so that it is corrected. I've had this happen a few times on both AA and DL, but it's not that often.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Even when you have a Trusted Traveler number the airline IT sometimes messes up and it doesn't appear on your BP. In these cases you have to get it reprinted so that it is corrected. I've had this happen a few times on both AA and DL, but it's not that often.
I've had GE for about 15 months now and haven't missed getting PreCheck once on AA, UA, or WN.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by Catbert10
+1
And knowing if I have PreCheck determines when I leave for the airport
Ditto for me - just want to know on that rare occasion when I don't get pre-check.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Airline IT messed up for me once...by IT I mean an agent misentered my TT #!

A big reason for me is that it helps me catch any issues with the reservation/ticket. For example, I recently was on an international ticket that involved a flight that had been moved due to DFW snowstorm. When I went to check-in online, the option was not available. I called in and was able to have the issue fixed in a half hour or so...had I shown up at the airport with the issue, who knows how long it could have taken to fix!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
I do OLCI at earliest opportunity even if I can't print a BP. US prioritizes IDB by reverse order of check-in (and some allowance for status as well as far as I know). Not sure if AA is same.

Was at a gate eavesdropping on pax in front of me who was complaining that he ALWAYS gets threatened with IDB. "I don't know why this always happens when I fly US ... I'm never flying US again, etc." I'm guessing he did counter check-in at the deadline regularly and had no status. If he wasn't so rude to the GA I would have passed on some wisdom about OLCI ... but no.

Having a BP prior to arriving at the airport allows me to skip a line (since I never check bags when travelling without Mrs. pa3lsvt) and head right to the checkpoint. Even if I plan to do a Move Up, if the station has a club I can get that done there (after TSA) instead of at the ticket counter. Lines are always shorter at the club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.