Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This is the archived thread for this subject, and is now closed.

The current thread is: LHR / London Heathrow T3 AA / US Arrivals Lounge (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Mark_T
Shouldn't have been allowed to happen at all if they had been managing the contract change over properly and certainly no more than a few days at most to correct if indeed they do intent to correct.

I used to work in this industry and I can guess exactly how we ended up like this.

Personally I'll be very surprised if this is 'corrected' without a change in contract terms, or a change in contractor.

Everything has a price, and I suspect we are getting exactly what BA have contracted for now. There is a reason the new contractor was able to win the bidding, the answer is on our plates ...
I can always just grab a sandwich or salad at Pret...
Old May 29, 2013, 9:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by rwoman
I can always just grab a sandwich or salad at Pret...
Which lounge zone is that at? I've never heard of the Pret Lounge; is that a oneworld lounge or do they take Priority Pass??

Old May 29, 2013, 9:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
But... have they done away with the bacon butties / sarnies?

I didn't have that much time departing LHR last Sunday so visited the Flagship Lounge. Truly pitiful selections in every category, inferior to LAX and ORD Flagship Lounges or most BA Business lounges.

Sadly I may have to consider doing this in future.

I was in the T3 BA F lounge the day after the contract switched over.

The breakfast offering had been decimated and the poor staff were just wandering from table to table apologizing as they delivered what the chef had been allowed to cook under the new contract

If it remains the same I'll have to give it a miss in future, one is left wondering if it is actually BA's objective to make the place less appealing to the predominantly non-BA customers who go there at certain times of the day?
Old May 29, 2013, 10:11 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I visited the BA F Lounge at LHR T3 this past Sunday and it was NOT nearly as bad as reported. In all fairness, I was there during breakfast hours. I had my usual bacon sarnie(s) and a few other goodies. The breakfast offerings appeared to be the same as always. I did not find any gaping shortages as reported here on FT.

After reading these fora I found myself dreading the visit, yet in fact the complaints seem mostly unfounded. Perhaps the problems have now been addressed and/or perhaps the problems are more severe later in the day and/or perhaps the problems are mostly in the business-class lounge instead of the F lounge. Still, had I not read about the problems in the BA F lounge on FT, I would not have noticed a shred of difference.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I visited the BA F Lounge at LHR T3 this past Sunday and it was NOT nearly as bad as reported. In all fairness, I was there during breakfast hours. I had my usual bacon sarnie(s) and a few other goodies. The breakfast offerings appeared to be the same as always. I did not find any gaping shortages as reported here on FT.

After reading these fora I found myself dreading the visit, yet in fact the complaints seem mostly unfounded. Perhaps the problems have now been addressed and/or perhaps the problems are more severe later in the day and/or perhaps the problems are mostly in the business-class lounge instead of the F lounge. Still, had I not read about the problems in the BA F lounge on FT, I would not have noticed a shred of difference.
Which posts point to the BA F lounge being bad?
It is almost unanimous here that the T3 BA F lounge is miles ahead of the AA FL.

Regarding the changes on BA catering, I read that one of the main changes is that the buffet is not going to be continuous to which many complained. Hot buffet has been replaced with some tea time crap in the afternoon. However, this does not affect most T3 flyers because most T3 flights depart during breakfast or lunch hours. Also, there is no hot breakfast buffet at T3 BA F lounge and you have to order from the menu anyway (or be creative since they will do almost anything for you as long as they have the ingredients)...so really no impact to the T3 BA F lounge?
Old May 29, 2013, 11:25 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by carlosdca
It is almost unanimous here that the T3 BA F lounge is miles ahead of the AA FL.
This one (just a few posts up), for example

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20829265-post1016.html

as well as a number of others that content that the BA F lounge is now below the AA FL, hard as that may be to believe. Like this one

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20804301-post1011.html

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by carlosdca

Regarding the changes on BA catering, I read that one of the main changes is that the buffet is not going to be continuous to which many complained. Hot buffet has been replaced with some tea time crap in the afternoon. However, this does not affect most T3 flyers because most T3 flights depart during breakfast or lunch hours. Also, there is no hot breakfast buffet at T3 BA F lounge and you have to order from the menu anyway (or be creative since they will do almost anything for you as long as they have the ingredients)...so really no impact to the T3 BA F lounge?
Check out this thread on the BA Forum.. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-lounges.html
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
There was some discussion on the FB EXP group today about an EXP flying AA being denied use of the showers in the BA lounges at T3, with the explanation that the spa facilities are for BA metal passengers only.

In the past, the spa facilities have been treated differently than the shower facilities, and AA pax were permitted to use the showers.

Has anyone else encountered something like this at T3 recently?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy

I was there last Monday and agree as well - the changes to the F lounge are relatively minor. The hot menu options all still looked reasonable. The salad portion of the dinner buffet was slightly different but about equivalent. The cheese selection was actually better. The hot line did decline in quality a bit (e.g., no pork belly) but it isn't this monumental decemation that the BA forum would have you believe it is.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sts603
I was there last Monday and agree as well - the changes to the F lounge are relatively minor. The hot menu options all still looked reasonable. The salad portion of the dinner buffet was slightly different but about equivalent. The cheese selection was actually better. The hot line did decline in quality a bit (e.g., no pork belly) but it isn't this monumental decemation that the BA forum would have you believe it is.
With respect you are visiting after many complaints had been delivered about the initial changes and some alterations to the service have been implemented.

The dire breakfast service that was delivered for the first few days appears to have been rectified reasonably quickly judging from comments from colleagues who traveled about a week after me.

I'll get a chance to see the lunch service in about a week, so I hope all is reasonably close to normal by then.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
With respect you are visiting after many complaints had been delivered about the initial changes and some alterations to the service have been implemented.

The dire breakfast service that was delivered for the first few days appears to have been rectified reasonably quickly judging from comments from colleagues who traveled about a week after me.

I'll get a chance to see the lunch service in about a week, so I hope all is reasonably close to normal by then.
Indeed, I was not afforded the "privilege" to visit right after the change over.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I wish OW would get their act together at T3 LHR and simply set-up a single OW biz lounge and a single OW first lounge for all the OW carriers. I'm starting to see shared lounges in multiple locations in other cities and I wish they would implement the same in T3. I was amazed when AA spent money to remodel the FL when they could have just shut it down and have all F and EXP passengers go to the BA F lounge in T3. Seems to be an opportunity for cost savings.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
I wish OW would get their act together at T3 LHR and simply set-up a single OW biz lounge and a single OW first lounge for all the OW carriers. I'm starting to see shared lounges in multiple locations in other cities and I wish they would implement the same in T3. I was amazed when AA spent money to remodel the FL when they could have just shut it down and have all F and EXP passengers go to the BA F lounge in T3. Seems to be an opportunity for cost savings.
Perhaps, but the BA catering (read cost saving) changes, I'm far less apt to use their lounge at T3 now. I'll visit CX and the FL.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
It's inertia, probably complicated by lease terms. And it's not just a matter of F/EXP/Emerald in one lounge and C/PLT/Sapphire in another. There are Admirals Club members who rightfully demand some kind of lounge access even if they have no status and are flying in Y.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by ccengct
There are Admirals Club members who rightfully demand some kind of lounge access even if they have no status and are flying in Y.
Correct. They can be allowed into the biz class lounge. I wonder why OW can't figure this ou? How many different OW carrier lounges are there currently in T3 anyway? AA have 2. I guess BA have 2. CX? JL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.