Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Northeast U.S. storm "Juno" - discussion, questions, experiences (late January 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

PLEASE READ. For the time being, we've copied resource links to AA Travel Policy, OSO Desk, weather and airport delays, etc. from the wiki in the AA Travel Notices & Policy, resources etc. (weather, system IRROPS, etc.) thread. SEE BELOW.

PLEASE RESTRICT THIS WIKI TO AMERICAN AIRLINES

The recent January northeast winter storm "Juno" thread can be found here.

Link to AA Travel Policy / Travel Notices, including existing Weather Waivers

AA OSO (Off-Schedule Operations) Phone: 1.800.446.7834 (Only if you are affected, please! Only staffed during OSO events.)

Link to North American airport weather delays (FlightStats)

Link to U S airport delays (FlightAware)

Link to AA cancelled flights today (FlightAware)

Link to cancelled flights (today, to two days out - FlightAware)

Link to US Weather Service website

Link to FT Original Routing Credit thread in cases of Rule 80 / 240 issues.

Note: Normally weather waivers allow no changes to origin or destination; new dates must be within a few days of the original booking. If your plans are totally hammered (missed my meeting, cruise, etc.) or is interrupted and you can't continue, try the phrase "trip in vain" for cancelling and so on.

Print Wikipost

Northeast U.S. storm "Juno" - discussion, questions, experiences (late January 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: AA explt, 5 million miler
I go to BKK 4 or 5 times a year. Many times I need to process SW for return. Last year I tried calling ExPlat desk in US and couldn't get call to go thru. I was looking at AA.com and found a local Thailand number. Called it and she processed all my upgrades very quickly. Now I use this number all the time.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by paullgo
I go to BKK 4 or 5 times a year. Many times I need to process SW for return. Last year I tried calling ExPlat desk in US and couldn't get call to go thru. I was looking at AA.com and found a local Thailand number. Called it and she processed all my upgrades very quickly. Now I use this number all the time.
I always forget about that-- great tip, thanks. In fact, I wish I knew it before as The ticket issuance for my JL award, NRT-JFK was hung up a bit and I was getting nervous. At Thai royal first lounge in BKK right now (separate ticket, of course) and they were nice enough to call over to JL and confirm that ticket had been issued, but, sure would have used that local number if I had thought of it to make the last few hours a bit less uncertain.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Live and direct from the Flagship Lounge at JFK...

Plenty of snow on the ground out there, still snowing down steadily, visibility rather low (300-400 meters). Currently a steady flow of cancellation announcements to secondary destinations, Boston or Chicago.

Really hoping my AA133 to LAX leaves OK
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The snow is slacking off here at JFK (at 16:15 local) and ploughs are out and about.

Some flights are being held in the air because of lack of runway capacity, causing inbound delays. If you are looking for info on your flight, check the status of the inbound on the AA app or flightaware or similar.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Another day another snowstorm in the northeast.

Snow is somewhat worse than expected. Crew delays in arriving from bad road conditions have pushed back LGA departures. Sitting on 307 now and watching the plows on the runways and the snow continue to fall. Aircraft is moving around so there are movements, albeit with delays. Assume same for JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.