Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there any way to speed up ticketing?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Booked a held itinerary today and it ticketed within 10 minutes. I'd call that a win, and on par with what I'm accustomed to having come from being a UA flier.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec. Plat., HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle, Starwood Gold, etc.
Is this still an issue for people? I purchased a ticket last Saturday and it still shows as pending. I paid using a voucher and my credit card. I'm wondering if the voucher screwed something up. AA claims that everything looks fine with my ticket and that I'm wait-listed for using my SWUs but I've never had to wait this long for my tickets to issue. I have plenty of time before my trip but I'm concerned about my place on the upgrade list. Thanks and regards.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The best response I have had with regards to getting PNRs ticketed is through DM on twitter. Used it again this morning - they're a great help, especially if you're on a flight and you have wifi.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, VS Gold
Also still waiting ...

I'm in the same boat: booked online Friday using a voucher for part of the fare and still not ticketed 4 days later. Granted, flight date is in December, but still …
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cgchu
Is this still an issue for people? I purchased a ticket last Saturday and it still shows as pending. I paid using a voucher and my credit card. I'm wondering if the voucher screwed something up. AA claims that everything looks fine with my ticket and that I'm wait-listed for using my SWUs but I've never had to wait this long for my tickets to issue. I have plenty of time before my trip but I'm concerned about my place on the upgrade list. Thanks and regards.
Not sure if it still is the case, but I've been told in the past that while a ticket paid for with a paper voucher is in processing and not ticketed, they can't upgrade it. They can only apply SWU's at start, before noting it'll be paid with a paper voucher, or once the payment has been processed. Depending on time of flight, it could be a while before it changes to ticketed and the upgrades can then be processed. In the meantime you could be passed over.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by cgchu
I've only used a voucher once and remember that I had to mail it in... I don't think the ticket was issued until they received the mailed voucher?? Maybe that's the issue here?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec. Plat., HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle, Starwood Gold, etc.
Thanks for everyone's comments. I'm still in the ticket pending state. If it's still this way by the end of the week, I'll see if I can just pay for my tickets without using the voucher.

My voucher is electronic so if they really need a paper copy of it, the best I would be able to do is print it out myself.

Best regards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.