Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kettle Buy-ups to F - How?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Kettle Buy-ups to F - How?

I searched the forum for 'buyup', 'paid buyup', 'paid upgrade' and a few others, and surprisingly, nothing came up.

I am flying DFW-FLL on a G fare and there are a few open F seats, including 3 in A class. I was looking for a segment fee buy-up to F offer when checking in online, but I've never seen one and don't know where to look - or are they only offered at the kiosk or by agents, or at the gate?

I am a non-member Kettle on AA, and if the price is right, I'd probably spring for an upgrade.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
As far as I know your only options are: pay the difference between the G fare and the cheapest listed F fare or wait for a possible offer at the kiosk, checkin agent, or gate agent. If space is available you could open an AAdvantage account, buy enough miles, and upgrade for miles and money but that would probably be an expensive option.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
You can also see if you get any luck trying your reservation here:

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/AmericanAirlines

If there are really open seats, no elite standbys, you may also see an offer at online check-in (use full website) known as a LFBU. Back in the day, I would see them on these Florida routes.

Rasheed
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks all

Looks like I found a workaround - a friend had a systemwide that would expire unused, and while DFW-Florida is a shame to use a systemwide, this one was going to garbage can anyway....so problem solved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.