Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Code share BA World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Code share BA World Traveller Plus

If I book a premium economy fare code on AA.com for a flight from the US to LHR that is on BA metal under a code share with a W fare code will I get a world traveler plus seat?

It looks that way but I am not willing to guess. It is only $250 more round trip. Seems worth it, if that is the case.

Edit for typo
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rjgogo
If I book a premium economy fare code on AA.com for a flight from the US to LHR that is on BA metal under a code share with a W fare code will I get a world traveler plus seat?

It looks that way but I am not willing to guess. It is only $250 more round trip. Seems worth it, if that is the case.

Edit for typo
I would be very careful with this. While W on BA is Premium Economy, on AA it represents full fare economy. However, if you look at http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...s/american.jsp you will see this:

**In some cases, American Airlines codeshare flights booked in 'W' (marketed by American Airlines and operated by other airlines), represents travel in a Premium Economy cabin or fare. The rate at which AAdvantage miles or points are earned for travel in Premium Economy will be based on the operating carrier's individual program rules.

In my many attempts to book a WT+ as an AA codeshare on BA, the price difference has been equivalent to buying a CW seat. But, your experience could be different. I would speak with an agent before booking, becaue you may just end up with a very expensive (but flexible) economy seat.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: AA Plat - 2MM, Delta - GM
I just booked an AA codeshare#/BA metal flight JFK-LHR in 'W' that AA showed as Premium Economy. It was definitely WT+ on BA. As an AA Plat, I am able to pick my seats on BA flights and their site showed it in the WT+ cabin.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rjgogo

Edit for typo
Yes, booking in W on an AA codeshare on BA metal means you're booking into WT+ (aka World Traveler Plus/Premium Economy). Normally booking into a certain cabin entitles you to a seat in said cabin

Done it several times, and for $250 extra, mostly worth it if you can afford it.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, I think I will go that route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.