Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is Domestic First like?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JDiver
iirc BA states they can sell if they "must".
BA used to operate CE in a 2-3 configuration with convertible seating, but they stopped selling the middle 'E' seat in c.2009.

BA now guarantee an empty middle seat, so the configuration is 2-2.

We also guarantee you a window or aisle seat
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ss/club-europe
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JDiver
Thanks. Tired eyes doing a lot of FT maintenance today!

The table is removable, and iirc BA states they can sell if they "must". I hope not, but the new CE is rubbish anyway. There's no comparison between AA domestic F with seat width and pitch, etc. and BA CE after the slimline seats and "sardining" of the pitch. A 193 cm / 6'4" passenger such as myself shoehorned into 30" pitch in a presumably premium seat is a sad joke. A cheap meal with a mini bottle of cheap wine don't really begin to compensate.

I suspect the OP will be quite impressed in an AA 737 in domestic F compared to CE.
+1. Club Europe is an atrocious product for its usual cost; the only element of any real value, IMHO, is the lounge access. The rest of the experience is just about the same as coach. Domestic first on any US airline is much better.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Domestic first in general is pretty lousy. Where else in the world can you get a recliner seat for a 6+ hour transcon BOS-SFO.

For under 3 hour flights, it does beat other offerings in Europe. Not so much in Asia.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Domestic first in general is pretty lousy. Where else in the world can you get a recliner seat for a 6+ hour transcon BOS-SFO.

For under 3 hour flights, it does beat other offerings in Europe. Not so much in Asia.
Google 'CX regional business class.'
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:01 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Google 'CX regional business class.'
Yes, this. As good as CX a is in many ways, the regional Business is somewhat comparable to AA domestic first, and can certainly be a six hour ride in a recliner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.