Wiki Posts
Search

What is this ERD?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
What is this ERD?

Sorry for the 'silly' questions - but I have never flown AA before and I am on an ERD from DFW to FWA this coming weekend.

#1 - is this a jet or a turbo prop?
#2 - is it really 1 x 2 seating?
#3 - other than the exit row is there a good seat on this plane?
#4 - is there food on this flight?
#5 - how is overhead storage? will i be able to fit a suit bag in the overhead?

Thanks for the info.

SFO_Chad

[This message has been edited by SFO_Chad (edited Feb 11, 2004).]
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SFO_Chad:
Sorry for the 'silly' questions - but I have never flown AA before and I am on an ERD from DFW to FWA this coming weekend.

#1 - is this a jet or a turbo prop?
#2 - is it really 1 x 2 seating?
#3 - other than the exit row is there a good seat on this plane?
#4 - is there food on this flight?
#5 - how is overhead storage? will i be able to fit a suit bag in the overhead?

</font>
It's a 44 or 50 seat Embraer regional jet with 1 by 2 seating. There are no good seats, but the exit row is tolerable if you are tall (I am tall). I don't like the single seat side because I am also wide. My favorite would have to be the B seat in the exit row.

No food. No room for anything other than a small laptop in the tiny overhead. You will check your larger carryons planeside and pick them up planeside when you arrive at FWA.

Welcome to AA.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
From http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/ - ERD = Embraer RJ140.

From www.embraer.com:-
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The ERJ 140 is a new generation jet for 44 passengers, based on the proven and very successful ERJ 145 and ERJ 135 regional jets benefiting from parts commonality and the same crew type-rating.</font>
[Edited to add: There's a whole heap of information accessible from this page that you can't get off the aa.com page that jerry a.laska has helpfully posted below.]

[This message has been edited by Globaliser (edited Feb 11, 2004).]
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
And on aa.com under travel information you can find a listing of planes AA flies. The ERD is here:
http://www.aa.com/content/aboutAA/ou...s/eRJ140.jhtml
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Thanks for the information (although I wish you had different info for me) - 17 in width and 31 in pitch for 860 miles.

I am guessing this isnt going to be the flight that has me leaving UA for AA. Dont get me wrong - the CRJ50 is a nightmare and thankfully I just dont fly the 500+ mile routes on CRJs.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Pt, HH Diamond, AS MVP
Ugh, I feel your pain. I had that commute. If at all possible I highly recommend flying through ORD instead - 30 minutes on an ERJ instead of 100 or so. Even in light of the weather and traffic hassles. Can you change your routing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.