Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

American Airlines To Add Inflight Internet Access To Nearly 250 Regional Jets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
are they going to add edible food too?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:39 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by no1cub17
I have to part company with you on that comment. The Eagle F experience is (sadly) the best domestic F meal experience in the system.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: WFBF
The food upgrades are held for the ultra-premium LIT-LHR route.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Two years? DL and U.S. have had wifi on their large RJs since the 2010-2011 time frame.
DL yes, though I've been on more than a few large US RJs that have not been Wi-Fi equipped since 2011.

Originally Posted by LINDEGR
I have to part company with you on that comment. The Eagle F experience is (sadly) the best domestic F meal experience in the system.
Indeed, in fact some are more palatable than what is now being offered in intl J based on some frightening reports. I've been looking for as much Eagle as possible, and avoiding mainline 737s and Airbuses.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cmd320
DL yes, though I've been on more than a few large US RJs that have not been Wi-Fi equipped since 2011.

Indeed, in fact some are more palatable than what is now being offered in intl J based on some frightening reports. I've been looking for as much Eagle as possible, and avoiding mainline 737s and Airbuses.
And these (Eagle) FA's actually manage to do full PDB most of the time!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
And these (Eagle) FA's actually manage to do full PDB most of the time!
Here here
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Fanjet
How many actually need to get done? USex already has wi-fi on its E170/175 fleet. Just not on their CR7s and CR9s. AA is getting their new CR9s with wi-fi already installed. So it's basically the Eagle and USex CR7s, the Eagle E175s, as well as the USex CR9s.
According to registration numbers there are currently 42 AA E175's in the fleet (N401-N442YX). If the CR9's come pre-installed, and the US 175's have it, how can it possibly take this long? And I read the press release as if it was just these fleets getting it, not necessarily the CR7's. That'd great, though.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:19 am
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat

Is there any sort of documentation on which 175s have wifi?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
As someone who frequents US Airways Express, I have always been offered PDB of my choice at all times. Meals? What meals? Looking at some of the slop offered by the "New American" I'll stick to the packaged edible snacks. I really hope Dougie gets it and reverts back to pre 9/1 meals and adds American Eagle meals to US Airways Express but I'm rather pessimistic. Go-Go has been available on E-170s for the past several years. Most importantly, it's worked quite well and haven't had an issue using it. However, this is probably due to the fact I'm the only one or one of a handful using it.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:21 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Two years? DL and U.S. have had wifi on their large RJs since the 2010-2011 time frame.
Seriously I agree...what the heck could possibly take so long, it's a glorified router.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hooray! That was a for AA so I'm glad it's being fixed. I have an E75 flight next May so maybe I'll get lucky and that plane will be done by then.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jpsj
Is there any sort of documentation on which 175s have wifi?
All.

American Airlines will upgrade its regional fleet by adding Gogo inflight wireless services to all two-class regional jets.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:43 am
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
All.

American Airlines will upgrade its regional fleet by adding Gogo inflight wireless services to all two-class regional jets.
Not real helpful, as I am looking to see if anyone is tracking which rj's are wifi enabled at the present. As there a list like that?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by jpsj
Not real helpful, as I am looking to see if anyone is tracking which rj's are wifi enabled at the present. As there a list like that?
All US Airways Express E170s and 175s; as well as the new CR9s currently being delivered to Mesa on behalf of American Eagle. Those CR9s are the only ones to have an MCE section; so you'd have to look at the seat map.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
I really hope AA gets the food situation fixed... so that people will stop hijacking every single discussion on this forum with off topic comments!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.