Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Junk food breakfast in J [NOT related to late 2014 catering changes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA MM Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

I recently traveled Business Class on AA1669 from Barbados - Miami, a 3 hour 50 minute flight departing at 7 am. I was very disappointed with the continental breakfast. It was cereal with milk, a bag of Two Bite cinnamon rolls and a Dole fruit cup. American is taking its premium class passengers for granted. It's not as if they've cut fares. Pre-packaged diced fruit in syrup and way-too-sweet prepackaged cinnamon rolls are a poor excuse for breakfast in Business Class. Declining standards at American make the merger with US Airways look worse every day.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, AF FlyingBlue Gold, Aegean Miles&Bonus Gold
I have to agree with you. Flew with AA from PUJ to JFK this past summer and the lunch service in J was awful...what a meal! Some kind of taco or something like a filled tortilla with a very small salad and the infamous cookie instead of some ice cream or a cheesecake for a 4hrs flight to JFK. I have to think that AA is behind its main competition that I feel DL is outstanding on the meal service compared to AA in its main route network offering a meal service.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
That was about what we got when STX-MIA was an earlier departure before last year. Last year it moved up to 9:30 and we got a "snack", which proved to be a bowl of soup (it was quite good tomato soup). This year it is 9:30 again and they are promising "lunch". The problem on that run is that there is no out-station catering so it has to be what will be safe to serve the next morning after flying down from MIA and sitting on an aircraft overnight.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I suspect they boarded the meal in MIA and flew it down the night before.

Same crap at SMF where they are too cheap to pay for catering.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3.5MM), UA Premier, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott
I don't the these new US Airways F&B folks have a clue who their F flyers are. We are not junk food junkies. We are road warriors who probably would like more quality and less bags of chips and pretzels for breakfast. I miss the Biscoff cookies with my morning coffee. I miss my crackers and cheese on Eagle. They have become a pre packaged junk food airline in one month.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Unhappy Things haven't changed

Originally Posted by pnr001ft
I recently traveled Business Class on AA1669 from Barbados - Miami, a 3 hour 50 minute flight departing at 7 am. I was very disappointed with the continental breakfast. It was cereal with milk, a bag of Two Bite cinnamon rolls and a Dole fruit cup. American is taking its premium class passengers for granted. It's not as if they've cut fares. Pre-packaged diced fruit in syrup and way-too-sweet prepackaged cinnamon rolls are a poor excuse for breakfast in Business Class.
The early morning service hasn't changed at least in 3 yrs out of BGI (or many of the other Islands). As for the diced fruit in syrup, you'd have to talk to DOLE about the quality of their Fruit Bowls.

Since American isn't catered in BGI (double catered from MIA), this is the cheapest and least cost effective for the early morning flt. The one month we did have 'hot' food from BGI, NO ONE wanted the omelets, everyone wanted the cereal.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by pnr001ft
I recently traveled Business Class on AA1669 from Barbados - Miami, a 3 hour 50 minute flight departing at 7 am. I was very disappointed with the continental breakfast. It was cereal with milk, a bag of Two Bite cinnamon rolls and a Dole fruit cup. American is taking its premium class passengers for granted. It's not as if they've cut fares. Pre-packaged diced fruit in syrup and way-too-sweet prepackaged cinnamon rolls are a poor excuse for breakfast in Business Class. Declining standards at American make the merger with US Airways look worse every day.
This has NOTHING to do with the merger. That flight along with AUA/CUR and other breakfast flights from the islands have been catered like that for as long as I remember. RNO/SMF/PBI and others are the same. This has always been the deal with AA the past few years.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, AMEX Platinum, Priority Pass
I miss the plain, normal, American cheese omelets. They were so delicious. Now it's always a fiesta skillet or the omelette otherwise is filled with a bunch of weird stuff that it's impossible to pick out. On a recent transcon in J I opted to try the waffles, but they had some weird peach puree all over them. They need to learn (and I have written AAdvantage CS about this multiple times) to make the default item PLAIN and put all the extras on the side -- DON'T put all those extra things on/in it by default!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:01 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thread title has been updated to clarify that this is not related to or a discussion about recent catering changes.

~Moderator
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Oy! "'American cheese' has a legal definition as a type of pasteurized processed cheese under the US Code of Federal Regulations. It's "American processed cheese product" essentially, with abominable nutrition qualites. (It is cheAAp.) That's good breakfast?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Paul1976NJ
I miss the plain, normal, American cheese omelets. They were so delicious. Now it's always a fiesta skillet or the omelette otherwise is filled with a bunch of weird stuff that it's impossible to pick out. On a recent transcon in J I opted to try the waffles, but they had some weird peach puree all over them. They need to learn (and I have written AAdvantage CS about this multiple times) to make the default item PLAIN and put all the extras on the side -- DON'T put all those extra things on/in it by default!
You mean like the onions and peppers in some of the egg dishes? Sorry, but that's not weird. Nor is fruit puree. Sorry, but I don't want my airline meals to be tailored to the palate for a four year old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.