Wiki Posts
Search

Can you check-in Airside?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Need to connect in MIA from one AA metal to another AA metal. Domestic to Intl (NAS) but only have 1:25hr and could not check-in for my second flight online despite being able to check-in for the first one. Something about passport don't match which is strange, think it has to do with avios ticket being funky or something. Anyways am I able to check-in airside somewhere in MIA or at my initial point of departure (SEA)?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gate agent or if you have Admiral's Club, they should be able to do it in SEA. I wouldn't wait until MIA.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Gate agent or if you have Admiral's Club, they should be able to do it in SEA. I wouldn't wait until MIA.
Thanks.

I'm just going to approach the first aa gate agent and ask her help to check in. We just don't have enough time unfortunately. Unfortunately there is no admirals in sea. Would the as transfer desk be able to?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whoops, forgot about that. Yes, any agent should be able to do it.

When the passport thing has happened to us it was just transposed numbers in the expiration date.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Whoops, forgot about that. Yes, any agent should be able to do it.

When the passport thing has happened to us it was just transposed numbers in the expiration date.
Thanks.

As an update I asked the folks at the boardroom (alaska) and said only gate agents. I still went to the AS transfer desk and they confirmed only AA GA can issue me a BP. We'll see...!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Thanks.

As an update I asked the folks at the boardroom (alaska) and said only gate agents. I still went to the AS transfer desk and they confirmed only AA GA can issue me a BP. We'll see...!
Could go to a to the AA ticket counter or an AA gate at SEA
If you have time at SEA before the AS flight, that might be better than rushing it at MIA
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by mvoight
Could go to a to the AA ticket counter or an AA gate at SEA
If you have time at SEA before the AS flight, that might be better than rushing it at MIA
+1^

You're a lot more likely to have time to work it out in SEA than MIA, especially if you are delayed even a little on SEA-MIA. If it were me, I would go to AA check in prior to security, as you might find the gate agent to be busy or not even appear until shortly before your flight. Also, if you are not checked in until MIA, you are making yourself the top candidate for getting bumped if the flight is oversold.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm really confused. Just check in at the AA counter when you arrive at the airport for your first AA flight from Seattle. What does AS have to do with anything?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Thanks.

Sorry, when I said any agent, I meant any AA agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.