Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unused tickets and gift cards not combinable

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

I have some previously unused tickets that I want to apply to a new reservation. The agent said the system only allowed using 2 of them. Strange but okay. Then for the balance of the ticket, I wanted to use a gift card. He said thats not possible. I can use either but not both to buy the new ticket.

At that point, I said that it didnt make sense. It doesnt seem to benefit either customers or the airline. His response was every place had their own rules. People may not like it but have to play by them.

I actually liked the honesty, not trying to sugar coat it. At the same time, I couldnt help wondering if it is the kind of attitude for the customer facing personnel to display, even if its the truth

Anyway, now I know you cannot combine the two to buy a ticket, for whatever its worth.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat

I have never been able to combine changing a ticket with a gift card. Seems the gift card is restricted to new tickets originating in US, per terms and conditions of the gift card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.