Search

Refund for Baggage fee

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by omarhaydar
"Unbelievable "

I don't know what is so unbelievable. I am going based on the words of the agent.

"So you accept that you had no entitlement to a free 3rd bag, yet you still disputed the cc charge ..."

As I said, I went by the agent's word. I sincerely believed I had an entitlement with my Gold Gulf Air Status(since been shown not the case), and with AA, the agent could let it go if they wanted. Further, I was trying to upgrade with the 25,000 miles/$350 which would have also entitled me to a third bag, but they had no availability.

"Clearly you have a very different interpretation of the word 'unfair'."

Absolutely not If the agent was wrong, the airline should eat it and take it up with the agent as a customer service gesture.
1. True or false, forgetting what the agent might have said, do you not agree payment was owed for the third bag? You brought a third bag. There is a fee for such.
2. What does your attempt at upgrading have to do with anything, if there was no availability?

3. As Gold on AA does not give you a third bag, why do you feel you were entitled to get a refund on the Gold reinstatement fee?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
Not sure there is anything left to debate now.

OP has paid the correct fee for the bag and had his attempt to have it refunded by both the airline and the credit card denied.

OP had his Gold reinstatement fee refunded by the credit card company and as a result, AA has withdrawn his Gold status.

Nothing much left to worry about now.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Backup a minute, -- Am I the only one who sees this: There's no manager on duty at AA ORD? Ever, let alone for an LHR flight? If an AA ORD-LHR flight, then you're leaving in the morning or late afternoon/early evening. Really? No manager on duty at an AA hub during prime departure times? I would have called her on that right there. I don't believe it.
Obviously. But what do you do when you "call her on that" and she stonewalls you? says the MGR is at a remote gate? or says "fine, wait here- I'll page them" and your bags miss the cutoff.

Status=Access=Leverage. A gold, or lapsed gold, has none to little.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
OP has a track record of wanting something he isn't entitled to and refusing to listen to the advice and knowledge of others. I for one am glad AA rescinded his GLD status since he willfully paid for it and (I feel) fraudulently mislead his credit card company into a chargeback, which will lead to AA paying penalty fees even though they didn't do anything wrong. I think the should go as far as banning him from flying another AA/US flight.

There is simply no way to support his position here and plenty of reasons why his actions are those of a consumer nobody would want.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
Originally Posted by LAXative
OP has a track record of wanting something he isn't entitled to and refusing to listen to the advice and knowledge of others. I for one am glad AA rescinded his GLD status since he willfully paid for it and (I feel) fraudulently mislead his credit card company into a chargeback, which will lead to AA paying penalty fees even though they didn't do anything wrong. I think the should go as far as banning him from flying another AA/US flight.

There is simply no way to support his position here and plenty of reasons why his actions are those of a consumer nobody would want.
Wow... LAxative, you sure are a sweet one...
Track record.... ?????
Refusing to advice and knowledge of others?
Fraudulently?
Banning me from another flight?

Geez you have deduced so much about me from a few forum posts, you can make such outlandish conclusions and statements?

I think you may have taken a few too many LAXatives because of all the crap you are spewing....

Give me a break.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Give me a break.
Not sure you deserve one, that assessment was pretty accurate in my view.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
Sounds like we have a bunch of AA staff trying to defend their policies... Anyways...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:42 am

Sounds like we have a bunch of AA staff trying to defend their policies... Anyways...
So "defending" means pointing out the very clear-cut and published policies on baggage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.