Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA-MDE [738 information wanted]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 6:11 am
Original Poster

MIA-MDE [738 information wanted]

I am flying from GSO-DCA-MIA-MDE next week and I cannot find much information on the AA website regarding the MIA-MDE leg other than it is on a 737-800. I am assuming there is a meal provided, complementary beer/wine/spirits? I did purchase a seat upgrade btw. Is the IFE overhead or personal? Lastly, I have a USAir complementary one time club visit voucher, will it be accepted at the Admirals Club or do I have to use my Priority Pass and visit the non airline club in E concourse in MIA?

Last edited by dwsnc; May 28, 2014 at 6:48 am
Old May 28, 2014, 7:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old May 28, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Which class of service will you be travelling in?

They should serve you a full meal in J complete with appetizer (usually shrimp), meal, and dessert (ice cream or fruit+cheese plate, typically).

AA's website says that there should be a meal in Y on this flight, but I can't comment as to what it might be.

I would also plan on overhead IFE, so I'd recommend bringing your own IFE or some work to do just in case they show a film you're not too keen on.
Old May 29, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: aa exp
Just did it last week ,,You will get a cold sandwich with chips.. in Y
Old May 29, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Complimentary cold meal in coach, hot meal in business.

If you get one of the dozen or so so-far delivered 737s with the new interiors, you will have your own television screen. But don't count on that.

US Air day pass doesn't get you into the Admiral's Club. There is no Priority Pass lounge in Concourse E or within the AA gates, but if you are flying in business, you get access to the AA lounges at DCA and MIA so doesn't matter.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I was surprised to see that there was a meal served in Y on this route. Is it because they consider it a S. America route or something? My flights to Canada are longer and I'm used to getting nothing in Y..
Old May 29, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I was surprised to see that there was a meal served in Y on this route. Is it because they consider it a S. America route or something? My flights to Canada are longer and I'm used to getting nothing in Y..
AA serves meals in coach on all South American flights.

Similarly, meals in First to all flights to Central America regardless of "meal window" times.
Old May 30, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I just flew the route twice this week. As noted above, the snack in Y is a choice of sandwich or salad, chips and a cookie. Alcohol is NOT complimentary.
The entertainment was overhead screen.

The service was friendly and attentive in both directions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.