Wiki Posts
Search

By By old gal.. 767-200 now all gone

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by seawolf
I'm just pointing out an observation that AA is no longer competing for coach as evidence my capacity reduction and fares being offered.
And I'm just pointing out that you're wrong, unless your definition of "competing" is offering as many seats as possible at the lowest price possible, in which case I'd object to your definition of "competing."
Old May 14, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fishy21
This really sucks... for someone who flies SFO-JFK often.

Also, can someone help explain why first class cost less than business? I can't seem to figure out why.

Thanks.
Maybe some corporate travel departments allow for Business purchases but not First? So Business is selling out more than F and they have to compensate? Just a wild guess.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fishy21
This really sucks... for someone who flies SFO-JFK often.

Also, can someone help explain why first class cost less than business? I can't seem to figure out why.

Thanks.
Discounted business is less than discounted 1st
full business can be more than non discounted 1st
Old May 14, 2014, 9:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I for one will miss them, mainly for nostalgia's sake, but also because the F experience was pretty good. AA at least kept investing in them so for 25 year old aircraft they weren't terrible on the inside. I must say, it's very strange seeing NYC-LAX/SFO without widebodies after all these years of 767s and before them DC-10s.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
AA at least kept investing in them so for 25 year old aircraft they weren't terrible on the inside.
Um, except for the F seats and, to a lesser extent, the J seats, yes, they were pretty terrible on the inside.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Um, except for the F seats and, to a lesser extent, the J seats, yes, they were pretty terrible on the inside.
Well, do you remember what the F seats were like even four years ago? The old leather recliners? They replaced those at least with a superior product and then introduced better IFE in First. I liked the 10 seat cabin with the single seats in the middle. I thought the seats were fine for 5 hours and very enjoyable on daytime flights especially.
Old May 19, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG GLD, MR GLD
Nice video tribute to the 762s here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiQ6FxVjk44

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.