Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Meal Entrée (mains) Reservations / Pre-order now Available (Oct 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Once a flight is ticketed, premium class customers can go to AA.com's My Trips (but not on the mobile site or app) to select, change or view their entrée reservations during the period of 30 days to 24 hours prior to departure.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations

. . ● Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
. . ● We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
. . ● If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
. . ● We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Link to Press release.

NOTE: This is the ARCHIVE for older posts; for current thread, please see:

Meal Entrée / Main Course Reservations / Pre-order for 2014 (Consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Meal Entrée (mains) Reservations / Pre-order now Available (Oct 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA- exp 8.2MM, SQ, DL, spg plat
Welcome to the 2010's

This is not a new concept - SQ has had the "Book the Cook" option in both Business and First class for at least 10 years!!

The fact is that this can be one of the more cost effective things that they can do in a premium cabins both from a cost management and more important a C/S viewpoint.

There is nothing that ticks off a premium pax than running out of a meal

They can easily be rolled out to all International flights (in both Business and First) and even in some of the longer domestic routes when the pax pay for the seat and is not upgraded..

Next, they should look at how SQ/Virgin run their premium lounges where you your meals/snacks are cooked to order from a really nice menu and have a full-service bar tender at the bar instead of the "pour it yourself" setup that it is now

This may seem on the surface that it costs more but when you look at all of the buffet style food that is either left over at the end of the service and trashed (hopefully) or is eaten by the club staff, the portion controlled "cook to order" is a great option...
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:12 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wdchuck1
This is not a new concept - SQ has had the "Book the Cook" option in both Business and First class for at least 10 years!!

The fact is that this can be one of the more cost effective things that they can do in a premium cabins both from a cost management and more important a C/S viewpoint.

There is nothing that ticks off a premium pax than running out of a meal

They can easily be rolled out to all International flights (in both Business and First) and even in some of the longer domestic routes when the pax pay for the seat and is not upgraded..

Next, they should look at how SQ/Virgin run their premium lounges where you your meals/snacks are cooked to order from a really nice menu and have a full-service bar tender at the bar instead of the "pour it yourself" setup that it is now

This may seem on the surface that it costs more but when you look at all of the buffet style food that is either left over at the end of the service and trashed (hopefully) or is eaten by the club staff, the portion controlled "cook to order" is a great option...
I for one prefer the "pour it yourself" option.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Torgen
I am frequently annoyed at Italian restaurants that list their non-pasta main courses as Secondi Piatti when their pasta dishes are all meal-sized.
You must not be eating in Italy, then -- Italian restaurant in name only!

Time for you to use some miles and visit the splendid country, and have a real meal!

Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Flew LAX-JFK dinner flight yesterday and this worked flawlessly
Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
I flew LGA-DFW last night. I assume my reserved meal choice would have been served if the ovens on the plane had been working. Instead, I had a cold sandwich. At least the chiller was still working and we got our ice cream for dessert, which was the most important part of the meal for me anyway.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:14 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by djcrooks
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
I flew LGA-DFW last night. I assume my reserved meal choice would have been served if the ovens on the plane had been working. Instead, I had a cold sandwich. At least the chiller was still working and we got our ice cream for dessert, which was the most important part of the meal for me anyway.
There are not chillers on narrow body aircraft.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by HNL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

There are not chillers on narrow body aircraft.
Happy with the dry ice perhaps?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: AA LT GLD
BOS-LAX

Just chose my entree for tomorrow's dinner flight BOS/LAX.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got an email today to select my meal on a Dec 1 LAX-MIA flight. That option was not showing when I checked that reservation a couple days ago.

By the way, the email had a direct link to the reservation. Which is very good, because My Reservations is once again not showing my reservations.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by greatexpectationsusvi
Just chose my entree for tomorrow's dinner flight BOS/LAX.
Please let us know if they are aware of and serve your entree choice. There seems to be mixed reporting of whether the choice gets honored on board. Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:54 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Just noticed the selection opened up in my reservation for JFK-SFO on November 15, the first day of service on that route.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Got the "reserve your entree" email yesterday (13th), traveling AA 208 LAX/MIA tomorrow on (15th). Odd thing is that UG has not cleared so Mrs & I are in Y still. We selected entrees wondering if it is a precursor to being upgraded?

Just ck'd in and still in Y but entrees remain in record. Flt is oversold with EF showing no availability in any fare bucket. My guess is that we will ride in Y and the selections are meaningless. Even if we get the UG at the gate, don't see how they could accommodate selections at the last moment....
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:29 am

Wife and I are flying DFW/OGG in December but have not received anything about preordering our meal.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got one for LAX-MIA Nov 20 7 days from the flight date for a breakfast flight. The coices were cereal or corned beef hash. Ugh. Way to not get me excited for that flight.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Global Entry
the Entree Reservations option is showing on AA.com for my LGA-ORD-HNL trip in F in early January. Nothing happens when I click on it, but I wouldn't expect it to anyway since the flight is more than 30 days away. Would be nice to reserve in advance - I'll make sure to check on AA.com again closer to departure...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.