Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2006, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
You honestly think they'd make the million milers accumulate and keep a million miles just to qualify (or worse, 2MM for PLT) ? I suppose that is one carrot to keep people from actually trying to redeem them.
Old May 29, 2006, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
You honestly think they'd make the million milers accumulate and keep a million miles just to qualify (or worse, 2MM for PLT) ? I suppose that is one carrot to keep people from actually trying to redeem them.
Yeah, good point. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks for your help.
Old May 30, 2006, 6:43 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Accumulate and KEEP the miles??

Um... miles that are kept are a ledger liability for the airlines that have to be reported.

The airlines are trying every means possible to get us to USE our miles up .. so their balance sheets do not contain huge liabilities for their Frequent Flyer programs.

While high levels of un-used miles looks impressive on the aa.com screen .. and to the AAgents when they look at our accounts when we talk to them about miles, etc... the fact I have a large number of un-used miles is not as important as the EARNING of new miles!
Old May 30, 2006, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by JGR01
...We do not know if the MM program will continue or if they will raise the limit to 2MM being the base .. or what MAY happen in the next 12-18 months. There are getting to be so many 1MM's who complain or bend the rules that AA may just give up and raise the limit to 2MM ...
Is this pure speculation or is there some reason to believe AA has been considering eliminating the 1MM program? With my luck, I guess it will happen in 2 years when I start to get close. :-(
Old May 30, 2006, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They are not eliminating it - they are going to adjust for inflation and continental drift.

Since the 1MM idea was started, the cost of living is up about 22%, so GLD is now 1,220,000 miles. Since the continents have drifted .01% apart, since they started the program , all the countries are all farther away from each other as well. So add 122 miles.

1,220,122 is GLD. 2,440,244 is PLT now.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
AAdvantage Million Miles multiples Benefits (consolidated)

I just turned over the 1,000,000 miles lifetime mark. I understand that this will earn me Gold status for life.

Is there anything else I can expect from AA like maybe a piece of apple pie?

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 15, 2006 at 4:59 pm
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Well, it's the first time anyone has ever asked this question-- so, we'll just have to wait and see.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Far be it for me to use the "Search" word... but if you use it, you'll find out it's Gold for life, a few extra 500 mile stickers in your account, two bag tags and a new card with your current status with a 1 million mile logo. They stopped giving out apple pie a long time ago; they've made significant cutbacks in the food department.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Far be it for me to use the "Search" word... but if you use it, you'll find out it's Gold for life, a few extra 500 mile stickers in your account, two bag tags and a new card with your current status with a 1 million mile logo. They stopped giving out apple pie a long time ago; they've made significant cutbacks in the food department.
Ha ha. Touché! Thanks for the info.

Actually, I've really wanted the bag tags but this is a pricey way to earn them.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You could join the Admirals Club - I don't know if they give you two bag tags when you join anymore, but they are willing to sell them (something like $10 each.) You're right: AA has very expensive baggage tags.

BTW, congratulations! Now, it's time to start working on the next million - Platinum for life, two more baggage tags and four eVIPs.

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Ha ha. Touché! Thanks for the info.

Actually, I've really wanted the bag tags but this is a pricey way to earn them.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
I just turned over the 1,000,000 miles lifetime mark. I understand that this will earn me Gold status for life.

Is there anything else I can expect from AA like maybe a piece of apple pie?
Yes
Old Jul 6, 2006, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
You told me the 2nd million would come faster than the first

You could join the Admirals Club - I don't know if they give you two bag tags when you join anymore, but they are willing to sell them (something like $10 each.) You're right: AA has very expensive baggage tags.

BTW, congratulations! Now, it's time to start working on the next million - Platinum for life, two more baggage tags and four eVIPs.
JDiver is correct!
Old Jul 6, 2006, 9:12 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
JDiver is correct!

And the THIRD Million comes faster than the previous ones!

Trouble is when you accumulate xMM total in program and have over a million AVAILABLE miles .. then you know you are not taking enough vacations!

Earning them on business is too easy .. spending them on leisure is more difficult. And before Icy offer to accept some of my miles.. the answer is NO!
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
Yes
I see no one can torture the information out of you.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 3:07 pm

Programs: aadvantage plt/2mm; Southwest A-pref'd; VA Gold; SPG PLT
If you reached this thread via search...

Just on the scant chance that someone in the future does a search, you get 8 500 mile stickers if your address is within the US. You get 4 eVIPS if your address is outside the US. But be careful, AA's definition of the US and that of most grade school geography teachers differs greatly.

So list a foreign address if you are about to hit 1 MM. Everything is sent by email anyway so your listed address doesn't really matter so much.

If you live in canada, I think you have to answer a math question to get any benefits. I'm kidding. http://www.cinemark.com/promo/aabmiles/rules2.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.